Kneebord for each single module...help!

Predator-78
Go to solution Solved by Rudel_chw,

Hi all, has any of you ever edited a mission with more than one flight package, with different planes and inserting the respective kneeboards in the .miz file?

I followed some instructions on the web, opened the .miz file with 7-Zip and created the KNEEBOARD folder inside. Inside the latter I have inserted another folder called IMAGES. By doing this I don't have the subdivisions between the kneeboards inserted between one plane and another.

On another site instead I had read that inside the KNEEBOARD folder I had to insert the precise name of the module I want to use, for example F-16C_50 and then inside the latter put the IMAGES folder with all the graphic files of the kneeboard.

Unfortunately I open the mission in single and multiplayer and I don't see the legpads. Can anyone help me?

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

Create inside the miz file the following directories (I use WinRAR for this, but probably the free 7-zip can do it also):

KNEEBOARD\IMAGES
 KNEEBOARD\FA-18C_hornet\IMAGES
 KNEEBOARD\F-16C_50\IMAGES

The image files on KNEEBOARD\IMAGES can be seen in both planes. The KNEEBOARD\F-16C_50\IMAGES can be seen only on the F-16.  The ones at KNEEBOARD\FA-18C_hornet\IMAGES can be seen only on Hornets.

Be careful with the upper and lower case, as the aircraft names are case-sensitive.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 ora fa, Rudel_chw ha scritto:

Create inside the miz file the following directories (I use WinRAR for this, but probably the free 7-zip can do it also):

KNEEBOARD\IMAGES
 KNEEBOARD\FA-18C_hornet\IMAGES
 KNEEBOARD\F-16C_50\IMAGES

The image files on KNEEBOARD\IMAGES can be seen in both planes. The KNEEBOARD\F-16C_50\IMAGES can be seen only on the F-16.  The ones at KNEEBOARD\FA-18C_hornet\IMAGES can be seen only on Hornets.

Be careful with the upper and lower case, as the aircraft names are case-sensitive.

Thanks for your reply first of all.

I followed the instructions but can't see them. In sequence, I'm posting here three screenshots of the steps I've done

02.jpg

01.jpg

03.jpg

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

• Solution
11 hours ago, Predator-78 said:

I followed the instructions but can't see them. I

Lets try with an example ... try the attached mission. There are three aircrafts: a Hornet, an F16, and a TF-51 .. all three should show the image that is at /KNEEBOARD/IMAGES, like this:

ccz8Fd7.jpg

In addition, the Hornet should be able to show the page that is at KNEEBOARD\FA-18C_hornet\IMAGES  like this:

4Usq4c2.jpg

and finally, only the F-16 should display the page at KNEEBOARD\F-16C_50\IMAGES

y5ff3aT.jpg

Please be aware that the kneeboard is limited to 256 pages, and I suggest to use JPG rather than PNG to save space on the mission.

Best regards,

Eduardo

Test KB.miz

Edited by Rudel_chw
Corrected page count limit
  • Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB