ASO2V countermeasures mapping key for pilot only ?

Go to solution Solved by AeriaGloria,

Hello,

I just acquired this excellent MI24 module... but can the pilot launch the countermeasures? I can't figure out how to do it?! There's a button for it on the left side, centered under the pilot's canopy. Also, the key mapping for ASO2V exists and works, but only for the copilot. Thank you in advance for your responses.

33 minutes ago, LuckyOne said:

Hello,

I just acquired this excellent MI24 module... but can the pilot launch the countermeasures? I can't figure out how to do it?! There's a button for it on the left side, centered under the pilot's canopy. Also, the key mapping for ASO2V exists and works, but only for the copilot. Thank you in advance for your responses.

You are correct, that button is how you do it.

To set different options from pilot seat, you need to open Petrovich menu and then use left short (or A short) to access ASO menu. Then you use combination of up (W), right(D) and down presses(S) to select what you want. Use left/A to close ASO menu.

NOTE: if you fly in multycrew, as a pilot you can use only first cassete of countermeasures, 2nd and 3rd can only be used by CPG.

16 minutes ago, AeriaGloria said:

“Launch SNARS” is the name of the binding 

It's launch countermeasures now. I guess one more thing that got changed without telling us?

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Can we as a pilot change between flares and chaff . I want to assign a flare key and chaff key on my HOTAS . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

16 hours ago, KoN said:

Can we as a pilot change between flares and chaff . I want to assign a flare key and chaff key on my HOTAS . 

Not directly. You can go do with the Petro interface though. Press left short I believe to open CM menu

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

44 minutes ago, AeriaGloria said:

Not directly. You can go do with the Petro interface though. Press left short I believe to open CM menu

oh that not good . I want the option . lol .

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .