Eurofighter HOTAS in Development

BigBorner

HI Folks, 

I was wondering why i could not find a thread on this (sorry if i missed something). 

However; 

There seems to be a Austrian Team that currently is putting together an Eurofighter HOTAS. It seems it will take some time until its available, but looks quite promising from my point of view. 

What do you guys think? 

Thats the Link to their Website: 

https://www.falcon-matter.com/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigBorner said:

HI Folks, 

I was wondering why i could not find a thread on this (sorry if i missed something). 

However; 

There seems to be a Austrian Team that currently is putting together an Eurofighter HOTAS. It seems it will take some time until its available, but looks quite promising from my point of view. 

What do you guys think? 

Thats the Link to their Website: 

https://www.falcon-matter.com/

Motorized Throttles 👀👀👀👀👀👀

Base model starting price(without those motors lol) of 300€ doesnt seem so bad but they haven't said much if anything about the stick. welp, time to join that discord i guess

• Like 1

image.png My beloved ❤️

https://github.com/zahnatom/dcsmods/tree/main : Oerlikon Revolvergun Mk3, Oerlikon Multi Sensor Unit and Halcon SkyKnight missile system, meh accurate and meh quality lol

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Zahnatom:

Motorized Throttles 👀👀👀👀👀👀

Base model starting price(without those motors lol) of 300€ doesnt seem so bad but they haven't said much if anything about the stick. welp, time to join that discord i guess

Yes, i have joined it, too. I am on the Verge of "It almost sounds to good to be true", but I will keep an Eye on it. At some Point they mentioned somewhere "Force Sensing TDC", but i cant find it anymore (or i am blind). 

As i absolutely love having a sliding Throttle, there arent that much options to replace my TWCS. Plus: its an Eurofighter Throttle. 

2 hours ago, BigBorner said:

Yes, i have joined it, too. I am on the Verge of "It almost sounds to good to be true", but I will keep an Eye on it. At some Point they mentioned somewhere "Force Sensing TDC", but i cant find it anymore (or i am blind). 

As i absolutely love having a sliding Throttle, there arent that much options to replace my TWCS. Plus: its an Eurofighter Throttle. 

that was on reddit

• Thanks 1

image.png My beloved ❤️

https://github.com/zahnatom/dcsmods/tree/main : Oerlikon Revolvergun Mk3, Oerlikon Multi Sensor Unit and Halcon SkyKnight missile system, meh accurate and meh quality lol

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Jagger303:

This seems really strange tbh. They claim to be estimating delivery December 23 however also have not launched the kickstarter campaign nor have any test bed hardware to show.

Sceptical this will be a 2023

Haha, yes, i am also very sceptical of the timeline. But, to be honest, i dont care. As long as it might really be existing - being it in 2 or 3 years - and living up to the promises i am completely happy. 

• 1 month later...
vor 10 Stunden schrieb Zahnatom:

speaking of HOTAS, does anyone know what the button functions on the HOTAS are? like what you'd need for air to air radar stuff

ATTACK FORMAT
The Attack (ATCK) format enables sensor contacts to be
displayed, tracked, interrogated or nominated for attack
using the following HOTAS controls:
- Radar Elevation Control and Radar A/S Gain (located
on left throttle top)
- X-Y Controller (located on the right throttle top)
- DTL Rotate and Re-attack Switch (located on the right
throttle top)
- Air-to-Air Weapons Selector (located on the stick top)
- Interrogator Switch (located on the stick top)
- Radar Air Combat Mode, Radar Lock/Break Lock
Selector (located on the stick top).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2023 at 5:00 PM, Zahnatom said:

speaking of HOTAS, does anyone know what the button functions on the HOTAS are? like what you'd need for air to air radar stuff

It's mostly cursor stuff IIRC, so selecting things with the X/Y Controller kinda like how you can in the Hornet, just to another level.

On 9/24/2023 at 10:38 PM, JOYFUL_CLOVR said:

There might be something already out, albeit there is no price and you can inquire more information: https://www.reiser-st.com/components-2/eurofighter-typhoon-hotas/

they only sell to companies

image.png My beloved ❤️

6 hours ago, Delta-canard said:

Their website seems down...

I would love to see this project succeed even if I probably wouldn't be among the first buyers.

Website will be down for a few weeks, as we are doing a website overhaul and are considering moving our hosting. Have a great day!

For those of you who might be wondering about our unusual radio silence here’s a sitrep. Currently we are awaiting a qoute for the machining and processing of the sheet metal needed for our prototype. Think of this as the calm before the storm, we’re excited to share our prototype and let you into the doors it will open for us.

• Thanks 1

image.png My beloved ❤️

• 4 weeks later...

The most recent update on the project is that it's dead. The guy doing most of the work has pulled out.

ETA - they're trying to keep it going and find people who can do the design/dev work. I hope they can but it's definitely in a shakier place at the moment.

Edited by Scott-S6
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 10/21/2023 at 3:29 PM, Scott-S6 said:

The most recent update on the project is that it's dead. The guy doing most of the work has pulled out.

ETA - they're trying to keep it going and find people who can do the design/dev work. I hope they can but it's definitely in a shakier place at the moment.

It's dead dead.

The only EF HOTAS manufacturers that I know of at the moment are Reiser ST and Realismulator, both of which are not currently selling those at commercially reasonable prices for private hobbyists.

I know Winwing's brand representative said some time ago, that once the EF releases to DCS, they would be "moving mountains" to make a Winning EF HOTAS happen, but I believe the specific person who was in that position at Winwing has since retired from the company.

This was on the HOTAS subreddit community Discord server.

9 hours ago, Rick Mave said:

It's dead dead.

The only EF HOTAS manufacturers that I know of at the moment are Reiser ST and Realismulator, both of which are not currently selling those at commercially reasonable prices for private hobbyists.

I know Winwing's brand representative said some time ago, that once the EF releases to DCS, they would be "moving mountains" to make a Winning EF HOTAS happen, but I believe the specific person who was in that position at Winwing has since retired from the company.

This was on the HOTAS subreddit community Discord server.

Yep, Falcon Matters were very clear on this recently. They've also made their CAD files available.