CBU97s CDIP short of target

Eagle7907

CBU97 telemetry seems to be off a bit when using a higher BA. I set them to burst at 1500’ and that is throwing off the bomblets falling over the designated area. This is in a zero wind condition. Track is coming (lengthy).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CDIP97s.trk

Edited by Eagle7907
  • Like 1

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

1 minute ago, Eagle7907 said:

CBU97 telemetry seems to be off a bit when using a higher BA. I set them to burst at 1500’ and that is throwing off the bomblets falling over the designated area. This is in a zero wind condition. Track is coming (lengthy).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Identified in change log with release notes. Known issue. 

• 1 month later...

I think the problem is the radar. I noticed that if I use the radar for any other mode, my bombs stop falling where expected afterwards.

The manual doesn't say anything about how to get into AGR mode, but it does say how you how to get out of it though.

Putting the radar into a narrow cone seems to help, but It's hard to say.

Edited by FusRoPotato

Maybe after having made a HRM map - freeze and store that map and use that for designating.

Otherwise You cannot free up the radar for AGR, since the radar will continouosly scan to display and update the HRM map.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I also have the impression that sometimes they fall in the wrong place, it's hard for me to say why, sometimes it's good, and sometimes they fall in a different place even though everything is the same.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 2 months later...

I'm surprised this wasn't fixed yet for 2.9.  Will this get fixed?  Any burst height set above 700' is very short of designation or impact point.  I hope this gets fixed before any further smart weapons get implemented.  Would this fall under ED's territory or RAZBAM?

• Like 2

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer