Unguided Bomb Fuzes

edudix
Go to solution Solved by Tholozor,

• Solution

New fuze options are WIP and can currently be ignored, but basically:
- M904/M905 are old-school mechanical impact fuzes.
- FMU-139 is an electro-mechanical fuze installed in the tail.
- FMU-152 is the Joint Programmable Fuze (JPF) installed in the tail that permits cockpit programming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

On 6/23/2023 at 5:10 PM, Tholozor said:

New fuze options are WIP and can currently be ignored, but basically:
- M904/M905 are old-school mechanical impact fuzes.
- FMU-139 is an electro-mechanical fuze installed in the tail.
- FMU-152 is the Joint Programmable Fuze (JPF) installed in the tail that permits cockpit programming.

Thanks for the explanation, related to the 139 and 152, which one do you reccomend to use?

On 6/24/2023 at 8:06 PM, Tholozor said:

The new fuze options are WIP and currently don't do anything, selection is irrelevant at this time.

That’s not quite true. The various function delays (I.e impact delays) do actually work. Not that you need to weaponeer anything in DCS but a 0.25 delay, for example, is noticeable. 

21 hours ago, AvroLanc said:

That’s not quite true. The various function delays (I.e impact delays) do actually work. Not that you need to weaponeer anything in DCS but a 0.25 delay, for example, is noticeable. 

Ok. So I assume that although actually there is no difference between both  139 and 152 you can programme the delay, right???

Related to this topic, I don´t know if its just me, because I´m doing anything wrong, but when using guided or unguided bombs on the stores page (DDI) I just only get the NOSE option and not the tail one. Does anyone know why?

4 hours ago, edudix said:

Related to this topic, I don´t know if its just me, because I´m doing anything wrong, but when using guided or unguided bombs on the stores page (DDI) I just only get the NOSE option and not the tail one. Does anyone know why?

You won't get a tail option with most of your guided weapons since the hardware to control the tail fins for guidance are using that space, and the same for HIGH drag bombs (except it's the ballute/retarder rather than guidance there).  With simple dumb bombs (ie MK-82) you should have a tail fuse option.

Edited by rob10

On 6/27/2023 at 1:22 AM, rob10 said:

You won't get a tail option with most of your guided weapons since the hardware to control the tail fins for guidance are using that space, and the same for HIGH drag bombs (except it's the ballute/retarder rather than guidance there).  With simple dumb bombs (ie MK-82) you should have a tail fuse option.

thanks