Keep getting stuck on GC Hold during alignment?

Archaic

On 6/26/2023 at 11:16 PM, Czar66 said:

Pretty much. Also, don't rearm while aligning. The sudden center of gravity shift threw off the alignment process, I think. I just changed my startup flow last night to: Start Aircraft> Align> Rearn. Aligned flawlessly. Also Rearm can be made before initiating alignment, ofc. Not touching the ruder controls also a must during alignment.

I found that you need to re enter all coordinates again after off and GC align.

Wait at least 10 second to go from off to GC align, re enter the coordinates, or align via stored heading.

I dont re enter nothing and i do cold and auto start. Follow my steps further up the thread.

6 hours ago, Coxy_99 said:

I dont re enter nothing and i do cold and auto start. Follow my steps further up the thread.

The aircraft will often ask to re enter coordinates when it goes PP REQ on the HUD if you failed stored heading.

The BRAKEHOLD switch is only needed if the alignment is interrupted.  Page 62 of the manual states that the BRAKE HOLD switch is a signal to begin re-alignment after an alignment interruption.  IME, if the chocks are in, the a/c doesn't move, and coordinates are either in the ME or correctly entered in the UFC, alignment will be successful.

Question: with chocks in, is the BRAKEHOLD switch even needed during startup?  I don't see it listed in the manual startup guide, nor in Notso's video.  In the manual it's mentioned in the before takeoff checklist.  In the checklist I am using, it's shown in the before start checks, but IME it doesn't work without electrical power, in other words, after engine start.

Edited by Chipwich

R7 5800X3D / 32GB / VPC T-50 CM2 Base and CM3 Throttle with TM Hornet Grip / RTX 4080 Super / Meta Quest Pro

On 6/29/2023 at 1:49 AM, Czar66 said:

The aircraft will often ask to re enter coordinates when it goes PP REQ on the HUD if you failed stored heading.

Switch it to off wait 10 seconds or so switch back to algin INS the cords will appear on the UFC and the INS will begin it will count from 10.2 or something down to 0 switch it to nav bobs your uncle off you go. It may well could be a bug. But im certainly not having to re enter anything at all. This is from cold to hot starts and auto start. 

All nav points etc work also. IF its stuck and you switch straight to nav the hud ladder will be bent out of shape.

Edited by Coxy_99

• 3 weeks later...

Gents,

I have played arround with this for two days now and the answer is dead zones. The smallest input from anything, Controll stick, throttle, rudder, breaks, chocks. Basically anything that could make the plane move by a mm will stop your allignment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WouterF said:

Gents,

I have played arround with this for two days now and the answer is dead zones. The smallest input from anything, Controll stick, throttle, rudder, breaks, chocks. Basically anything that could make the plane move by a mm will stop your allignment.

Yes, I came to a similar conclusion and I think someone noted that even closing the canopy mid-alignment can knock it off. Throw the switch, back away slowly and then go and make a cup of coffee or something.

• Like 1

I had the same problem with the alignment process until I watched a video from Grim Reapers where it stated that radar must be off during alignment although nobody knew why (possibly vibrations?).  So radar off until alignment is completed solved the problem for me.

• Like 1

Having read thru all this and grasping the concept of not eating, drinking, farting or burping during Alignment, I didn't see anything about gently settling in the backseat and turning on basic electronics; switches, radios, screens, blah, blah, blah. Anybody comment on that?

• Like 1

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

3 hours ago, AvgWhiteGuy said:

Having read thru all this and grasping the concept of not eating, drinking, farting or burping during Alignment, I didn't see anything about gently settling in the backseat and turning on basic electronics; switches, radios, screens, blah, blah, blah. Anybody comment on that?

From experience then one's virtual butt has usually been gentle enough in its placement as to not disturb things during an alignment. I don't think any system  turned on from the back seat is going to reasonably cause vibration anyway?

• Like 1