AGM for E?

ThunderStrike

20 hours ago, Skoop said:

I don’t care the SMEs insist that they never used or trained with harms, they were never in a conflict that required them. 

Apart from the fact that weapon systems are a bit more complicated to integrate than bolting the missile to the plane, there's the whole other issue of training and TTP. Successfully performing a SEAD mission is a bit more complicated than pointing a HARM in the right direction and pressing a button. If F-15E crews never trained on the SEAD mission, and the USAF still had operational F-16C squadrons that specialize in that mission, why would they ever bother strapping a HARM to a Strike Eagle? Let the Viper drivers do what they've trained for, while the Strike Eagle pilots focus on the missions they train for. 

The idea that every plane and every pilot must be able to do every mission is very much a DCSism and is not how real life works, except sorta with the Hornet, as it's often the only strike fighter in a carrier group.

• Like 2

vor 22 Stunden schrieb Skoop:

I don’t care the SMEs insist that they never used or trained with harms, they were never in a conflict that required them. 

That exactly is the difference, the Razbam Devs do care... 

• Like 7

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

5 hours ago, shagrat said:

That exactly is the difference, the Razbam Devs do care... 

And thank goodness for that.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog