Any suggestions to make WW OrionII FA18 Throttle TDC smoother?

Go to solution Solved by jaylw314,

I think a lot of guys have the same Throttle then me: the WinWing FA18 Orion

I really struggle with the TDC slew. For me its way to fast to get it to the target precisely. I put it on axis and reduced Y to 40 and set a courve to 50 already, but still....

How did you guys handle this?

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

• Solution
6 hours ago, Eisprinzessin said:

I think a lot of guys have the same Throttle then me: the WinWing FA18 Orion

I really struggle with the TDC slew. For me its way to fast to get it to the target precisely. I put it on axis and reduced Y to 40 and set a courve to 50 already, but still....

How did you guys handle this?

I suspect IRL slew controls have much stiffer springs, most sim manufacturers seem to use gamepad type gimbals for economy of scale.  It is possible to be accurate with the slew control, but most people don't have the muscle memory with their left fingers.  It's doable with practice, though.  I have the same throttle and I have X/Y saturations at 100, and curves at 20, for perspective.

If you need to make fine adjustments, zooming in obviously helps.  Quickly swapping FOV's can make this easier.

Many people use the slew control as buttons, which you can do with WW's Simapp software.  I don't, but I suppose it's more predictable since it always moves the same way.

IIRC, you can adjust the sensitivity under the STAT->Throttle MFCD page (I think you have to advance to the second page) There's a OSB labelled "Slew" IIRC, and you can change that value between 1.0-8.0, with 8.0 being the least sensitive.  Of course, that's similar to reducing your axes saturation, and you have to do it every time in the sim, but it does affect the button slewing rate (there's something similar for MAV slewing, I can't remember where that is).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2