Well Push that Easy Button!!!

JOEM423

I'm apparently unclear on how to get secondary targets in TWS in the Strike Eagle.  I assumed after you get a PDT and then enter one of the TWS sub modes you would put the Acq Symbol over a secondary track and TDC Press on that to designate it SDT.  I do that and nothing happens.  I can only bug one target no matter what.  I've tried this in a few different scenarios and have even remapped my TDC Press to other controls.  Nothing.  I can't bug more than 1 guy.  Is it a different button that designates subsequent targets?

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

7 hours ago, pete_auau said:

tried  that  but  the  missiles  didnt  even hit  one  c 17   so  they must be  good  in  evading  the  aim120c 🙂

Did you support the missile trought the entire flight ? Wich mode of TWS are you using ? 4TWSH ? 3HDT ? 2TWS ?

On 6/29/2023 at 7:22 AM, McCloud said:

I haven’t used the F15 for air to air yet.  Mainly because all of my time so far has been in the back. 

What is this easy button you speak of? 👍

Hypothetical! Just put your radar in TWS and squeeze off your Amraams! The enemy is killed before they know it!

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 11:22 PM, McCloud said:

I haven’t used the F15 for air to air yet.  Mainly because all of my time so far has been in the back. 

What is this easy button you speak of? 👍

He means it's like when my boy was little & insisted on using the Camaro in Age of Empires. You don't have to good, you just win,

• Like 1

Cheers.

On 6/30/2023 at 4:54 AM, 311Gryphon said:

I'm apparently unclear on how to get secondary targets in TWS in the Strike Eagle.  I assumed after you get a PDT and then enter one of the TWS sub modes you would put the Acq Symbol over a secondary track and TDC Press on that to designate it SDT.  I do that and nothing happens.  I can only bug one target no matter what.  I've tried this in a few different scenarios and have even remapped my TDC Press to other controls.  Nothing.  I can't bug more than 1 guy.  Is it a different button that designates subsequent targets?

If memory serves, once you go into TWS mode, there is no need to TDC press on another contact as that would change to DTT mode.  You would just need to wait while in TWS until tracks are created for the other contacts (empty followed by solid squares), then coolie switch up short to switch PTD to other tracks (and fire).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2023 at 6:38 PM, 609_Relentov said:

If memory serves, once you go into TWS mode, there is no need to TDC press on another contact as that would change to DTT mode.  You would just need to wait while in TWS until tracks are created for the other contacts (empty followed by solid squares), then coolie switch up short to switch PTD to other tracks (and fire).

I've had some mixed results since I posted here.  Sometimes it does automatically bug other targets and sometimes it doesn't.  I thought their was a way to toggle that function but I've never actually switched anything up so I don't know.  

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 hours ago, 311Gryphon said:

I've had some mixed results since I posted here.  Sometimes it does automatically bug other targets and sometimes it doesn't.  I thought their was a way to toggle that function but I've never actually switched anything up so I don't know.  

I've also had mixed results, which made me re-read the user manual some more.  Part of the issue is that there are so many TWS modes/sub-modes that can significantly change the azimuth and vertical (i.e. bars) scan.  Given this, I've updated my F-15E BVR kneeboards to show more of the TWS modes, as I didn't show as many options in my first draft.  For example, I've uploaded an excerpt from the updated kneeboard below (see this thread for more info: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/329552-kneeboards-for-f-15e-strike-eagle-for-air-to-air-missile-guided-bomb-employment/#comment-5260003 )

zF-15SE - portion of BVR.png

Edited by 609_Relentov

Yeah I've read up on the different TWS modes but I'm not seeing any information that makes it clear how to bug additional targets once you're in those modes.  I've seen some evidence that it can be automatic but in the official Razbam tutorials Notso seems to manually bug them, and I would assume that's by putting the Acq Symbol over additional targets and hitting the TDC Press...but that doesn't really seem to work for me.  I can get into a variety of TWS modes I just can't reliably get multiple targets bugged, so it's getting a little frustrating.  I'm 90% sure it's because I'm misunderstanding the process or doing something wrong.  I'd just like to know how to get the targets bugged once I'm in the preferred TWS mode.  

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

By default, AUTO is boxed upon entering TWS. Any vectored track will be selected as SDT until you reach a limit of 10. SDTs are identified by hollow bricks, while non designated tracks are solid bricks.

If you unbox AUTO, vectored tracks will remain as solid bricks until you TDC designate them.