WSO Hotas key assingment not working

Hello,
I'm getting a very strange bug. I have assigned all the WSO hotas keys (Left and right hand control grip) to my Hotas setup. They show as properly assigned in the control panel and i can select them. See image attached. However they do nothing in game when i jump to the WSO seat.
They work perfectly fine in the pilot seat (I mean all command assigned with the F15E pilot category). But none of the assigned commands in the WSO seat works.
My setup is a Winwing F16EX joystick and a Virpil Throtle CM3. I've already tried a repair with no effect. Luckily i can do everything from the pilot seat but i'm missing the fun of WSO'ing in MP because i cannot operate any system other than clicking with the mouse.

BR,
HotasWSObug.thumb.png.560fe1fdc9eabf0252792647bf80dd90.png

• Thanks 1

There have been suggestions such as deleting the DCS folder in the Saved Games folder but that didn't work for me. 

Something my friend and I discovered though is that for whatever reason, setting a keybind for the toggle LHC/RHC control and pushing that somehow makes the keybinds work. With the exception of the mic, I can use everything else like the castle, coolie and triggers on my LHC/RHC. 

I haven't found a workaround for the mic keybinds in the WSO seat yet. 

For the record I use the CM3 as my LHC and a Gladiator Evo as my RHC. 

Edited by pan0ply

I don't have many custom keybinds for the F15E but I have trouble with the laser arm side of the WSO panel in that it often doesn't activate on a key press. It can update on one press or rake more than ten presses. All my other aircraft are reliable in that regard. 

I haven't found a reliable way to cause it to fail yet to log it.

• 4 weeks later...

Just came on here to post the same.  Everything mapped correctly for LH & RH WSO grips, but no function once in the sim.

@falcon_120 Did you ever figure this out?

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

12 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

Make sure are on the current build number one. If using MT, the DCS updater should not sure. The back seat HOTAS are functional as of the latest patch. 

Currently on 2.8.7.42718 and still not working in MT (not tried ST).

I've tried mapping both L & R, just R, tried using modifiers with my controller, and using the in-built swap functions, and still can't get any control from the rear HCs.  Front works just fine.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

Just came on here to post the same.  Everything mapped correctly for LH & RH WSO grips, but no function once in the sim.

@falcon_120 Did you ever figure this out?
Sorry, i didnt ever test this again on the latest patch, this past 2 month i have barely had any opportunity to play DCS.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
On 8/1/2023 at 7:55 PM, Rainmaker said:

Make sure are on the current build number one. If using MT, the DCS updater should not sure. The back seat HOTAS are functional as of the latest patch. 

What does "sure" mean here?

I've managed to get my left grip working a few controls but I've definitely not got control of much

I'm on latest MT build

Feels completely broken

Edited by McGraw