Controller mappings lost

Go to solution Solved by Rudel_chw,

For the first time in more than 5 years in dcs I lost the mappings for my Logitech X56 throttle. It seems it reverted to default mappings for all planes! But only the throttle, the stick is fine. I did not changed anything on my system, except for an nvidia update.

How could this happen? I'm running the latest open beta with MT and the F-15E. It did not even happen directly after a dcs update, just suddenly after I haven't played for a few days.

It would be good to know why before I start remapping everything again.

• Solution
2 hours ago, LotusDragon said:

I did not changed anything on my system, except for an nvidia update.

Maybe that update made windows re-assign new USB IDentifications to your throttle, look at the folder where DCS saves your mappings, for example on my DCS, for the A-10C I've got these files:

gaJhX98.jpg

You can see that over the years, each time Windows has assigned a new USB ID to my Hotas, DCS has begun a new bindings (mapping) file with extension .diff.lua

See if you have files similar to these, their dates will tell you when each file was last changed ... do you have one with the date the issue started? If yes, copy the contents of the file with just prior date, onto the newer one, this should recover your bindings. Repeat for every aircraft that had this problem.

Important: Use a good text editor to do this content copy, like Notepad++ ... the windows standard Notepad is not good for editing lua files.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It is important to make at least one change to the reverted profile in the controls settings, otherwise it does not generate a new file. I did not do this for the other planes and was wondering why there are no new mapping files. Just in case somebody has the same problem.

• Like 1

You can also regulary make a backup of Input folder.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits