JF-17 6x SD-10?

zack

Out of curiousity but anyone know the reason behind the JF-10 couldn't carry up to 6x SD-10 missiles? Even with dual-rail pylon on hardpoints #2 and #6 I can see there is still space left on #3 and #5 to carry 1 more SD-10.
Is this limit on the maximum number of BVR missile this aircraft can carry a cost-saving measure implemented during the design-phase of the aircraft, or is this due to the limitation of the FCS & radar and does China & Pakistan has any plan on improving its A2A capability?

Edited by zack

JF-17 Bl.3 has it,
But as Napillo said, its the Rockets Exhaust being ingested into the engine.

Maybe you notice sometimes when Fireing the SD-10, that your Engine will cut out.
This is due to the Missile smoke,

Now imagine Miving the missles closer to the Intake, it would garantuee the smoke to get into the engine and that's bad

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Wyvern said:

JF-17 Bl.3 has it,
But as Napillo said, its the Rockets Exhaust being ingested into the engine.

Maybe you notice sometimes when Fireing the SD-10, that your Engine will cut out.
This is due to the Missile smoke,

Now imagine Miving the missles closer to the Intake, it would garantuee the smoke to get into the engine and that's bad

Do you remember any sources or links that mention the JF-17 Blk 3 being capable of carrying up to 6 SD-10? The most I can find is this article  https://www.key.aero/article/forecasting-thunder-overview-jf-17-block-iii  which mentioned the possible configuration of 5 BVR missiles ( with 1 mounted below the fuselage ) and hardpoints #3 and #5 could either be used to mount drop tank or A2G weapons

Edited by zack

vor 6 Stunden schrieb zack:

Do you remember any sources or links that mention the JF-17 Blk 3 being capable of carrying up to 6 SD-10? The most I can find is this article  https://www.key.aero/article/forecasting-thunder-overview-jf-17-block-iii  which mentioned the possible configuration of 5 BVR missiles ( with 1 mounted below the fuselage ) and hardpoints #3 and #5 could either be used to mount drop tank or A2G weapons

image.png

Edited by BigBorner
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, BigBorner said:

Oh sorry misread. 

i think block 3 will only miss the 2 of 155mm canons. 

You provided me intel on the Block 4 yet couldn't read the post title properly? Pfff

• Like 1

vor 44 Minuten schrieb zack:

You provided me intel on the Block 4 yet couldn't read the post title properly? Pfff

Yeah I was a bit distracted. Just tried one of the block 4 features ( that subscription thing). I can imagine it’s really neat on longer routes to AO or ferry flights. 

Edited by BigBorner

That's how you know that's a joke, nobody (except maybe pilots) wants to put cannons on fighters those days. 🙂 Get rid of that, though, and you'll get the gist of some of the proposed F-15 upgrades, complete with flying Ipad cockpit, absurd number of AMRAAMs and fancy wide-angle radar (not 720 degree, but we'll get there). The next F-15 after that will likely have the AWACS dish...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

afaik, jf17 can carry 2xsd10 + sd10 + 2xsd10 total 5, but for belly, never see mounted IRL, but it can officially image.png

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

afaik, jf17 can carry 2xsd10 + sd10 + 2xsd10 total 5, but for belly, never see mounted IRL, but it can officially image.png.a888a427c375b587e362a0dac8e4864f.png
If its possible, i would say let's include it.

Same kind of situation with the Igla on the Ka-50, the 4 AGM-88s on the Viper, along with the triple AGM-65 rack on the A-10 and F-16.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 12:11 AM, Wyvern said:

The tpod only works in ag mode, its not supposed to be used in aa or nav.

I was more referring to be being able to have a centerline tank with the T-pod on the chin for strike missions with heavy ordinance on the inner wing stations. However thanks for the info about it not having an AA mode. 

On 9/30/2023 at 12:12 PM, Wyvern said:

IRL yes, from what I know that will change in the game

disheartening, it is useful in aircraft identification, especially in a cluttered environment, having a visual to be able to identify other aircraft is useful.