Same radios channels and frecuencies for all models, please.

MicMic

It could be useful to have the same radio frecuencie asigned to the same radio channel in all modules. Several modules have the same configuration, but others have a different one, so the editor have to check the differences, and modify acording to have the same configurations.

Is it possible?

Setting the different type of radios to the same frequency doesn't add anything in my opinion. You will have to edit the frequencies in any case, be it because you put in a common frequency for all, or because you put in a specific frequency for each individual flight. 

2 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Setting the different type of radios to the same frequency doesn't add anything in my opinion. You will have to edit the frequencies in any case, be it because you put in a common frequency for all, or because you put in a specific frequency for each individual flight. 

Nop... you do not have to edit any frecuency if all are in the same channel in all modules. Just assing the frecuencies for the JTAC, AWACS, tanker, or other units to match the channel to use and... "voila".

Example: Missión with  F18, F16, AV8B, C-101, and A4 Skyhawk. AWACS on frec: 250.00Mhz.

F18, F16 and AV8B can use channel 6, but it will be the the channel 5 for the A4, and for the C-101 there is not a channel preset with this frecuency.

So, for operational simplicity, if all modules have the same presets, you can use frecuencies if you want, or just channels.

1 minute ago, MicMic said:

Nop... you do not have to edit any frecuency if all are in the same channel in all modules. Just assing the frecuencies for the JTAC, AWACS, tanker, or other units to match the channel to use and... "voila".

Example: Missión with  F18, F16, AV8B, C-101, and A4 Skyhawk. AWACS on frec: 250.00Mhz.

F18, F16 and AV8B can use channel 6, but it will be the the channel 5 for the A4, and for the C-101 there is not a channel preset with this frecuency.

So, for operational simplicity, if all modules have the same presets, you can use frecuencies if you want, or just channels.

And like I said, if you want to give each flight an individual frequency, you will end up having to edit the frequencies regardless. 

Or if you want to give a flight a proper comms ladder, you end up editing the preset channels frequencies. 

In the end it won't matter. You will have to edit the frequencies of the preset channels to fit your needs. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, razo+r said:

And like I said, if you want to give each flight an individual frequency, you will end up having to edit the frequencies regardless. 

Or if you want to give a flight a proper comms ladder, you end up editing the preset channels frequencies. 

In the end it won't matter. You will have to edit the frequencies of the preset channels to fit your needs. 

Well... in my missions the AWACS uses the same frecuencies: 250.00, 270.00, or 257.00. For several aircraft it is the channel 6, 7, and 8. So all members knows that they have to look for this frecuencies in this channels. But it not works in other modules, so you have to set the frecuency manually, as editor, or pilot in the cockpit.

But it is my wish. I have all my usual modules edited with the same presets, and just copy and paste it on a new mision tho be all "normalized" with the same presets.

2 hours ago, MicMic said:

I have all my usual modules edited with the same presets, and just copy and paste it on a new mision tho be all "normalized" with the same presets.

I also like to have the radio frequencies and presets standarized, but rather than copy aircrafts from one mision to another, I employ a Static Template, that has one example of each aircraft that I use on my missions, including Awacs and Tankers, with their radio presets already filled, like this:

UnqdNAF.jpg

Then, instead of adding new groups from the left toolbar, I copy ones from the applied template. Once the mission is finished I can delete the template aircraft easily as they are grouped on one corner of the map.

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hi Rudel, because I don't use templates often, could you show what the content of the template is?  This is very interesting to me 🙂

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

11 minutes ago, GGTharos said:

... could you show what the content of the template is?  This is very interesting to me 🙂

It's nothing fancy, just a palette of aircrafts with their radios preset the way I needed ... literally it took more time the process of defining which frequencies & channels I wanted to standarize on, the template looks like this:

xOIDwIR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

So the way to use it is basically to copy-paste those given aircraft into their mission position once the template puts them in there? 🙂

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

2 minutes ago, GGTharos said:

So the way to use it is basically to copy-paste those given aircraft into their mission position once the template puts them in there? 🙂

yes correct ... a copy/paste of a unit surely beats the time needed to input 20 presets for each radio 🙂 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MicMic said:

Just one off topic question. How to make a template with different groups?

Place down the groups the way you want

On the top, press "Edit" and then "Save Static Template". After you named it, you should be able to load it by going to "Edit" and press "Load static template".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Place down the groups the way you want

On the top, press "Edit" and then "Save Static Template". After you named it, you should be able to load it by going to "Edit" and press "Load static template".

👌😉 Thanks