Send George back to school for retraining

Heliflyr

Unless you maintain a solid hover with no vertical or horizontal movement, George can not hit his targets. That AI has wasted so many missiles, that sometimes I had to resort to jumping into the front and track the targets myself. Even when flying straight towards the a target he will miss if there is a slight climb or descent. George is just too with the sensor to maintain a track on target. I expect him to miss when I'm having trouble maintaining a hover, but not when the movements are smooth and subtle. Send George back to weapons training school.

• Like 2

To which weapon and mode you refer to?

George is quite good with Kilo Hellfire, I think.

With Lima Hellfire he is best in hover actually. 

DCS version2.9.8.1107
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F - OH-58D - UH-60L(Mod) - OH-6A(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - AJS37 - FC2024 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Channel - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan - Kola — Waiting for: BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

Lima is fire and forget once on its way? I am normally selecting the next target.

With the Kilo,  you have to stay within  the constraints of the Laser and I keep it in the HUD area

Regards

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz   Turbo 5.1 GHz, Asus Prime Motherboard B460M-A, Nvidia Geoforce RTX4090, 64gB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR 3600Mhz,Windows 10 Pro Reverb G2V2

13 hours ago, Heliflyr said:

Unless you maintain a solid hover with no vertical or horizontal movement, George can not hit his targets. That AI has wasted so many missiles, that sometimes I had to resort to jumping into the front and track the targets myself. Even when flying straight towards the a target he will miss if there is a slight climb or descent. George is just too with the sensor to maintain a track on target. I expect him to miss when I'm having trouble maintaining a hover, but not when the movements are smooth and subtle. Send George back to weapons training school.

Odd my George hits everything he shoots at, the problem is he doesn't always shoot and my "hover" currently is like a boat on the water on a windy day. this is for both 114L and K versions.

Edited by pii

• 1 month later...

Several day after this post , I had George target a taxing Mig, 4 Hellfire missiles later and I give up change to another target.

Oh I forgot to mention that it was with the Hellfire K's and each time the missiles hit well past the Mig.

Edited by Heliflyr
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...