Trim after bombing

edudix
Go to solution Solved by razo+r,

Hello, 

I´ve notice how huge is the unbalance of the aircraft when you carry two PAVEWAY III and release one of them when bombing (2000lbs each).

Is there any way to re-trim the ship? 

On the trim button, in the left side panel, there is a knob to trim right or left too. Does it works or not? is this button functional to re-trim the aircraft? Or Im completely wrong and this knob is for other function? Which function does it has?

I need some light to understand it and the possible solutions for re-trim.

BR in advance.

• Solution

The trim button on the left side panel is for the rudder trim. This is not what you are looking for if you dropped bombs off your wings.

What you are looking for is the aileron trim. This button, which is a 4-way hat, is located on the Stick itself. You need to bind this 4-way hat to your stick if you want to trim it properly.

Edited by razo+r
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, razo+r said:

The trim button on the left side panel is for the rudder trim. This is not what you are looking for if you dropped bombs off your wings.

What you are looking for is the aileron trim. This button, which is a 4-way hat, is located on the Stick itself. You need to bind this 4-way hat to your stick if you want to trim it properly.

Thanks razo+r!!! So yes I do have this hat in my stick which I use for landing. Can I use it also for this? When you say "bind" to what are you referring at?

4 minutes ago, edudix said:

Thanks razo+r!!! So yes I do have this hat in my stick which I use for landing. Can I use it also for this?

It is exactly what you use it for. If you dropped a bomb of your left wing, it gets lighter and your aircraft will do a right roll. Then you use the Left Wing Down trim to balance the aircraft.

4 minutes ago, edudix said:

When you say "bind" to what are you referring at?

Bind as in map to a button on your stick.

Thanks razo+r!!! So yes I do have this hat in my stick which I use for landing. Can I use it also for this? When you say "bind" to what are you referring at?
He means that you have to bind those inputs on your stick... usually it is bound to a 4 way switch on the stick..like on the real life jet.
  • Like 1

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

15 minutes ago, razo+r said:

It is exactly what you use it for. If you dropped a bomb of your left wing, it gets lighter and your aircraft will do a right roll. Then you use the Left Wing Down trim to balance the aircraft.

Bind as in map to a button on your stick.

Many thanks razor I´ll test it.

14 minutes ago, VirusAM said:
22 minutes ago, edudix said:

He means that you have to bind those inputs on your stick... usually it is bound to a 4 way switch on the stick..like on the real life jet.

Thanks!!!! It helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Be aware that you can usually get enough trim to make it fly level and straight. But when you then go into a turn that heavy wing is a killer. IE; drop the left bomb and then trim to level. If you then make a right turn it will be dang near uncontrollable.