Ebgames lists box version for end of March

sgcsg1

Can anyone tell me if the retail box version of this game will contain starforce?

Thanks for any information.

I once spent two days figuring out why my pc kept getting slower and slower and finally tracked the problem to starforce. I ended up spending another day rebuilding it. After that unpleasant and time-consuming experice I will not allow starforce on my PC. PERIOD.

Yes it will contain starforce, but it won't install on your PC as older versions AFAIK.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Yes it will contain starforce, but it won't install on your PC as older versions AFAIK.

Won't install on your pc? Then how does it work? Isn't it the same as starforce has always been?

Thanks for any information. Starforce was the beginning of the end for me and PC gaming. When my PC gets wrecked by a game, it's time to quit. I'd be very happy to know the people who a) produce and b) use this product have changed their tune.

As I understand it, the old (nasty) starforce was all about checking the DVD in your drive was a real one.

I think the new StarForce (like the version in BS) just checks online that your product key is valid - much like the windows activation process, and doesn't install stuff.

Not certain that's all accurate, but I'm pretty sure.

He could be right i never saw any starforce promps anywhere when i installed BS....not saying i dont have it:(.

Has anyone noticed that this http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=568704&postcount=3 page has been edited ?

when I last read it, it said that the download copy will not rely on DVD checks but the DVD version will, now it says that the DVD version wont>>

"The boxed version will be protected only with online activation (StarForce ProActive). There won't be a way to launch it via disk check."

I swear they have changed the DVD version checks to online only. anyone else spot that?

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

I swear they have changed the DVD version checks to online only. anyone else spot that?

What's so mysterious about that? It has been announced multiple times already that the international DVD versions require internet activation just like the download version, and do not employ disc checks at all. Only the Russian DVD relies on disc checks. See also:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=630435&postcount=54

Nothing mysteriuos about it as you can see from my post.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2