No AIM-9P lock tone

Bucic

I started to think it's a bug related to Mi-24P specifically but I'm not sure anymore. I used to check the Sidewinders working by pointing the nose at the sun or the nearby Su-17's. At one point I couldn't even get a lock on a Su-17.

bug F-5E sidewinder vs mi-24p no lock.trk

Latest OB

no radar lock/assist

AIM-9P confirmed in the loadout

I got a video as well.

Notably, when the Sidewinder got blind it didn't even respond to the Mi-24P deploying pairs of flares.

• 1 month later...

I don't quite remember the scenario but I seriously doubt I'd go for a bug report if it was only about front aspect. Also, I specifically mentioned flares. Flares have no aspect 😉 I'll review the track sometime later or provide a clearer proof of rear aspect case.

EDIT:

Three more (loose) details:

1. I've played the mission to death.

2. Mi-24's in DCS are flying glitches.

3. I often "look up the pipes" of Mi-24 before firing a missile.

Edited by Bucic

I'm going to try to catch an occurrence of that bug again. I think I've got the flares issue on one of my video recordings.

Also, with the heat suppressors the 24 has I don't think rear/front should make a big difference. Top/bottom rather 🙂

Edited by Bucic

Yep, at the end of the following video you can see the AIM got flare-blind. Bot, to the flares already falling and the newly deployed ones. Throughout the video I probe other objects for AIM sensitivity. At one point it acquires an Su-22 5.5 km out from his 10 o'clock.

Attached are all my 'buggy AIM' related tracks. Most of them probably not in the "respect Flappie's time" mode but hey. Consider them optional 😉

bug F-5E sidewinder P no lock Bucic.7z

Mi-24 summed up 😄
irfan_20230911_144337.jpg