Is there a way to prevent DCS auto assigning controls

Mr_sukebe

I already have a centre mounted stick.

Ive just added a left mounted stick (Virpil) for use with targeting pods and similar.

Once up and running, the first thing I did was to remove all of the initial load controls that DCS assigned.

Next day, I go back in to setup the new assignments, only to find that DCD has re-applied the same assignments that I didn’t want in the first place (eg control of the cyclic in my Apache, which is therefore also duplicating my centre mounted stick.

Any suggestions or workarounds?

Edited by Mr_sukebe

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• Mr_sukebe changed the title to Is there a way to prevent DCS auto assigning controls

Shouldn't happen that it keeps reassigning unless the device ID is getting changed for some reason.  I'd try renaming your controls folder, let it create a new one and see if it's still doing the same.  If it's not, then your original is likely messed up somehow.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, once you have sorted the initial fuckery, it should not do it again.......this is something that really irritates, it must be so simple to remove it.....and no idea why its there as its not as though it ever binds anything correctly.........one of my DCS pet peeves.....

• Like 2

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Agree on the DCS pet peeves - literally the only control bindings DCS ever gets right, are the pitch and roll axes of my joystick. Every single other assignment, be it buttons, axes, whatever, has been wrong, with one notable exception - the TM MFD controls, which admittedly are a lot of buttons. But the losses far outweigh the gains.

NOTE TO DEVS: DO NOT AUTO ASSIGN BUTTONS OR AXES. Drop that 'feature' entirely.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ARM505 said:

Agree on the DCS pet peeves - literally the only control bindings DCS ever gets right, are the pitch and roll axes of my joystick. Every single other assignment, be it buttons, axes, whatever, has been wrong, with one notable exception - the TM MFD controls, which admittedly are a lot of buttons. But the losses far outweigh the gains.

NOTE TO DEVS: DO NOT AUTO ASSIGN BUTTONS OR AXES. Drop that 'feature' entirely.

Or a switch to disable it. That would be perfectly fine.

On 8/8/2023 at 8:39 PM, markturner1960 said:

yeah, once you have sorted the initial fuckery, it should not do it again.......this is something that really irritates, it must be so simple to remove it.....and no idea why its there as its not as though it ever binds anything correctly.........one of my DCS pet peeves.....

The best bit is when you add a controller for a specific aircraft and it incorrectly autoassigns to every aircraft requiring you to edit all of them.

• Like 1

Interesting...I just reprogrammed my Virpil throttle to include the 5 way mode switch.... that was the easy part.

Somehow every single aircraft on my DCS now has all axes populated to every single control I have...Throttle, Collective (Virpil), Rudder pedals(MFG) and Joystick (Warthog).
A 2.5 hour regime of remapping every single module, with every control I own, followed by resaving them all and also backing up.

🙂

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz   Turbo 5.1 GHz, Asus Prime Motherboard B460M-A, Nvidia Geoforce RTX4090, 64gB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR 3600Mhz,Windows 10 Pro Reverb G2V2

• 1 month later...

Can this thread please be moved to the wish list 

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.