Texac's Have Glass V Mod & Liveries

Texac

Download directly from Mega: https://mega.nz/file/Y6xkUAxJ#JbPhlP5gqdNr91E9nHhC3Q8lajvc0dyQ7ZMd8tFJRzA

Or through the User Files with a README: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3335542/

qmzOldY.png

Artwork created by Biwi | Alpha Check Designs

With my new Texture Template completed I decided to start creating the Have Glass V coating/paint modification for the Viper as liveries.

After a lot of changes and adjustments I have all the Block 50 USAF squadrons that are flying a jet with the Have Glass V paint completed.

That would be the following:

• 480th Warhawks
  • 55th Fighting Fifty Fifth
  • 77th Gamblers
  • 79th Tigers
  • 179th Bulldogs
  • default Have Glass V

So 5 squadron skins, with dynamic numbers, and 1 unmarked default skin which should always be installed.

Also included are Have Glass painted external fuel tanks and pylons which can be interchanged with the default textures as you like.

However the main idea changed and now I also intent to make the skins function so that the Have Glass paint will reduce the RCS.

So additionally I want to release a very simple mod that gives you another F-16C to choose from in the Mission Editor, with a reduced RCS and the skins. In DCS World the simulation of the RCS for most aircraft is defined by a single static value in a LUA file. The default value will be reduced by 76% which is based on multiple online sources suggesting this to be the average reduction of the RCS.

The default F-16C will not be affected and keep it's original RCS.

First I will be releasing the skins sometime in the next (two) weeks. I already have my eyes on more jets like some of the 77th & 79th FS with black markings and the 96-0080 from the 480th FS which I would release separately. 

KIguS5B.png

znDJUqU.png

wPkoej5.png

gg7dou6.png

mzfG0lL.png

m1NOQEW.png

qjOD5vp.png

M34VLGU.png

Edited by Texac
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

I've added another USAF Have Glass V livery to the pack. It appears that the 14th Fighter Squadron recently received their first F-16C HGV painted aircraft.

So far there is a two-seater D model and below this C model 90-0819 flying for the 14th FS with the HGV paint.

The aircraft serial numbers can be changed in the Mission Editor for all liveries.

ew0Uz1K.png

I also finalized my idea to convert the Have Glass scheme onto my Super Viper textures with a few changes.

As it is supposed to be the next evolution of the HG paint I name it Have Glass VI.

f5eoEQc.png

bCQZx5G.png

rFseWGa.png

aoz3c8a.png

fmlmaaY.png

• Like 5

Awesome work as always, quick question, I downloaded your other texture pack and I cam currently using that.  Will this have glass v pack over write that one or will you be able to use both at the same time?  Thank you for what you do.

@nws9140 I created a separate F-16C HGV unit, including the reduced RCS and skins, which can be selected in the Mission Editor and fly in parallel to the default F-16C without the Have Glass addons. Basically the same as the A-10C and A-10C II.

But if you wish you can also copy/paste Have Glass V liveries from the mod pack over to your default Viper livery folder. Nothing will be overwritten as the Have Glass V liveries are their own folders. If you do so make sure to always copy the default Have Glass V livery with them.

You can also add any other livery from other creators to the mod, obviously preferably Have Glass liveries.

Screen_230820_093827.png

Edited by Texac
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@SickSidewinder9 Thank you!

You can replace any skin with another by simply swapping out textures or editing the description file. If you don't manage to revert these files to default, it will be done with every DCS update.

However replacing or editing core files like textures or description files will result in a false IC.

I'm not going to replace any default skins with my Have Glass V pack. 

• 4 weeks later...

image.png

Edited by Scottvdken
  • Like 1

In-game: Badger

I5-6600k @ 4.5 | MSI Z170A Krait | GTX 1070 G1 | 32Gb Ripjaw | Corsair H60 AIO | X-55 Rhino HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Pro Pedals

A-10 Warthog: For the times when absolutely, positively everything must die.

A10C | F/A-18C | F-14B | M2000C | AJS37 | UH1 | FC3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Took a little while longer, sorry for that, but I have finished the mod and skins now. I'm looking to release everything until February 2nd.

Since were talking RCS and RAM coatings here is an article explaining this topic a bit more in depth.

https://www.key.aero/article/have-glass-making-f-16-less-observable

Because I make liveries my main and first intent was to recreate the Have Glass V coating. But afterwards I wanted to go a bit further and create a mod that gives these "skins" a noticeable effect in game.

Unfortunately, as already written above, the simulation of RCS in DCS World is kept fairly simple overall and does not consider important factors such as aspect and stores configuration to calculate the RCS of an aircraft in real time. Instead a single static value in a LUA file defines the RCS of an aircraft.

The article from above states a RCS reduction of 76% from 5m² to 1.2m².

By default the in game RCS value for all the F-16s is set to 4.
The new base value for the new F-16CM bl.50 HGV will be 0.96. A reduction of 76% as stated in the article above and a few other sources. The other Vipers are left at 4.

So if you believe the reduction of 76% is straight up wishful freedom philosophy, or just doesn't fit with how it is simulated in DCS, you can change the value by editing the following LUA entry:

Make sure the mod is uninstalled when making any changes!

In the main mod folder go to:
F-16C Have Glass V Mod\CoreMods\aircraft\F-16C
Open F-16C_50_HGV.lua with Notepad++ or text editor
Go to Line 581 RCS = 0.96 and change the value as you desire

lDAWeah.png

• Like 2

Pretty fricken sweet man!  Your templates are helping me a ton and these skins will make a wonderful addition.

ASUS TUF GAMING X670E with AMD RYZEN 5 7600X, 64GB DDR4, ASUS TUF GAMING 4080

Pico 4, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Formally Known As: wpnssgt (google it :smilewink: )

• Texac changed the title to Texac's Have Glass V Mod & Liveries
47 minutes ago, impreza said:

Interesting!. Is it compatible with cft mod?. I see it is other variant and I supose its not a problem. Can we use it with Ovgme? 

I haven't tested it, but I don't think both mods are compatible as they overwrite each others files.

Installing it via OVGME should also work. 

These are awesome @Texac, thank you!

Does anyone know how to get this mod working with WinWing's F-16 ICP? Well, more specifically to get the DED working.

I've tried adding an entry into SimAppPro/resources/app.asar.unpacked/config/GameExtendDisplay/MFD/DCS/DCS.js for F-16C_50_HGV, but no dice so far.

20 hours ago, SickSidewinder9 said:

Nevermind, I found them and put them in my Liveries folder.  Was just looking in the editor and changing skis/loadouts.  It seems some of them have HG wing tanks, and some don't?  Is that on purpose?

Maybe it's just an editor bug?