Cant taxi straight, cant maintain straight run during takeoff

@Jim Bob Well done sir.

I was used from other games to slamming the throttle forward and takeoff while using my free left hand to hold my beer. Mosquito takeoffs in DCS require a bit more concentration and fine control inputs, so I have to put the bottle down for 30 seconds till I reach safety flying speed 😁 🍻

Navigation to the target, that’s the time for boozing.

• Like 2

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2024 at 4:42 PM, _Hoss said:

Un-bind your throttles and use each lever for its specific engine. If you yaw to the left, bump the left throttle a bit more, and vice versa if you yaw right. Its kind of like using a T-handle stearing device. This works for taxi,, and take-off runs. You won't need to use the over sensitive breaks. There is a thread somewhere on how to adjust curves to slow down the sudden locking of the breaks. 

Good luck

:drinks_cheers:

I found that binding both engine throttles to the same lever in fact solved all my ground and take-off issues. With split throttles it would randomly spin one way or the other. Levers on Hotas work fine so I wonder if it is a mossie thing.

Interesting to read the different ways people are going about this.

I'm still flicking the brakes with rudder if I have to tuck the tail in on take off. Not a lot but I wouldn't be without the brakes, more so since the silly bounce update. I don't know if the stats are saved somewhere but I know landing is my least well practiced. Blowing my own wings off probably my most practiced. I've found one or two beers is flyable but over Christmas I fired myself up on the whiskey one night and had the bright idea of 'having a little flight' while already way past the blur-zone. I should've saved a track. It wouldn't have been pretty. Think Blackadder singing I'm a little Goblin slumped in between pilot and nav seats.

Practice is the way. :pilotfly: