Livery Issue : unable to download files?

Hipster
Go to solution Solved by Rudel_chw,

I'm trying to download some F-15E liveries.  Once I extract them and add them to the x:\saved games\...\liveries folder they look like this and don't work:

image.png

Previous liveries show the x.dds files as thumbnails but these ones don't.  Tried various things, such as:

- virus on/off whilst downloading/extracting

- livery folders in x:\dcs\openbeta\bazar\liveries and or x:\saved games\...\liveries\F-15E, etc.

Managed to get some F-15C liveries downloaded and they work fine, so the "method" seems okay, just unable to get the F-15E ones to work???

Random issue or incompetence?   Any ideas?

PC -> i5-12400F, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060 Ti, dedicated SSD.  T16000 HOTAS.  Opentrack/PS3 Camera & MSI monitor(s)...(Reality, virtual or otherwise, makes me feel a little nauseous.)

• Solution
1 hour ago, Hipster said:

Once I extract them and add them to the x:\saved games\...\liveries folder they look like this and don't work:

image.png

What do you mean exactly by "don't work" ?  They appear on the livery list but once applied they don't look like expected, or they do not appear on the list at all?

Your screenshot does not show clearly where did you place the livery, for example mine are here:

qv5jjLQ.jpg

And within the game they show up according to the aircraft's country, for Hungary I get:

GyresCp.jpg

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I had the livery folder set to F-15E.  From you post I changed it to F-15ESE and there they were!  

Many thanks for the reply.

• Like 1

PC -> i5-12400F, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060 Ti, dedicated SSD.  T16000 HOTAS.  Opentrack/PS3 Camera & MSI monitor(s)...(Reality, virtual or otherwise, makes me feel a little nauseous.)