Multiple aircraft modules = multiple mapping profiles? Or just one profile?

Ferris

Hi guys,

I've got a few modules, ka-50, a-10c, a-10c ii, f-14 etc etc, and a couple of controllers (vkb evo and a twcs).

When doing my keybinding/mapping of controls, do I select each aircraft, do my mapping, and save into a separate profile for each aircraft, OR can I sit there and do my mapping for all my modules via selecting the aircraft in the upper left and then saving all my bindings for all my aircraft in one big profile file?

Sounds like a stupid question, I know.

Destroying everything for a better tomorrow!

You just enter options > controls, select aircraft and do the mapping for each one of them. No need to save anything - your changes will be saved automatically in your profile \saved games\dcs world\config\input\... You can then manually copy that whole folder to your backup.

No need to run a mission to bind controls but it's much easier then to test and check out things on the fly. Use Rctrl+Enter to make sure most important axes are done right. Avoid double bindings for axes.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Save/Load profile is for each controller separately and for each module. 
The only use I’ve found for that is for example on the AH-64 both the Pilot and the CPG have the same stick and collective. So you can set up for the Pilot, save and then load into the CPG. Works perfectly.

• Like 1

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5