Mirage CE Oxygen Seems to be bugged

Rudel_chw
Go to solution Solved by fausete,

Hi,

I'm updating my Mirage F1 CE missions, to adapt to the latest changes of this Module, and on my testing found that the Oxygen supply does not seem to be working properly:

- The Flow indicator does not blink in normal operation (it does when pressing the Oxy Gauge test button).

- The Oxygen Selector, on the left side of the ejection seat, does not work.

Here is a short video, highlighting this issue:

This video is on the latest DCS Openbeta, MT version, but on Single Thread happens exactly the same. Have not tested the F1EE version to see if it behaves the same, will do it later.

Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hi Eduardo,

I noticed the same, when the engine is off.

As soon as the engine is running, using the oxy selector switch will change the N to white and red rectangular and back to normal N.

From previous version I would also think this worked with engine off, so something changed here.

Best regards,

Jens

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gulredrel said:

From previous version I would also think this worked with engine off, so something changed here.

Yes, correct, this used to work with engine off .. as per the real aircraft, since the manual of it tells that the Oxygen should be tested prior to engine start.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• Solution

Hi, ground power should be used for the test. Alternatively, you can press the Test Oxy button (besides the oxygen instrument) while performing the test. This will temporarily energise the system with the battery bus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, fausete said:

Hi, ground power should be used for the test. Alternatively, you can press the Test Oxy button (besides the oxygen instrument) while performing the test. This will temporarily energise the system with the battery bus.

Thanks for the answer, as this change in behaviour had me confused. 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fausete said:

The flight manual is a bit vague about the purpose of TEST OXY.

Yes, I will re-order the steps on my cold start mission, so that the oxygen test is done after having the ground power connected 👍

will take the opportunity to adapt it to other changes that the Module has had, like the behavior of the "M" key, that used to just disable the mirrors image, but now it also turns the mirrors away. 🙂

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2