[FIXED] WinWing F-16EX Viberation Default not Working

Raviar

Hi all,
I would appreciate it if someone could help. I am using the default mode, and I have tested the vibration feature, which has been working in the test page of Grip since day 1. However, I don't understand why I can't use it in Viper in DCS!

and Yes, I read the maual https://winwingsim.com/static/assets/files/en/SIMAPP Pro 1.9.11-User Manual EN V1.2.pdf

here is the content of Export.lua in C:\Users\<MyUser>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts

local wwtlfs=require('lfs')
dofile(wwtlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua')

-- Data export script for DCS, version 1.2.
-- Copyright (C) 2006-2014, Eagle Dynamics.
-- See http://www.lua.org for Lua script system info 
-- We recommend to use the LuaSocket addon (http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/luasocket) 
-- to use standard network protocols in Lua scripts.
-- LuaSocket 2.0 files (*.dll and *.lua) are supplied in the Scripts/LuaSocket folder
-- and in the installation folder of the DCS. 
-- Expand the functionality of following functions for your external application needs.
-- Look into Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log for this script errors, please.
local TheWayLfs=require('lfs'); dofile(TheWayLfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TheWay.lua')
local DCSDTClfs=require('lfs'); dofile(DCSDTClfs.writedir()..'Scripts/DCSDTC.lua')
-- local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]]);
-- pcall(function() local pw=require('lfs'); dofile(pw.writedir()..[[Scripts\pw-dev_script\ExportInit.lua]]); end,nil);
log.write("Eport.lua",log.INFO,"All Exported.")

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil)

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

the attached in the screenshot of WinWing SimApp pro, updated to the latest patch.

the "Systm Status Indicator" lights is On and Green

1.jpg

2.jpg

dcs.log

Edited by Raviar

• Raviar changed the title to [HELP] WinWing F-16EX Viberation Default not Working

I created isssue on winwing support, they didnt help, they just simply mentioned if the test page can viberate the stick its not HW problem,  And closed ticket !

Great duport!

I wonder if this is due to simapppro or DCS MT, or mods like srs ... Which I am using in export.lua.

Edited by Raviar

Order matters in the export.lua (or at least has possibility to cause issues in some cases). Try this order with whichever programs you have:

Tacview

SimAppPro

SRS

IIRC the most important is to have SimAppPro before SRS.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rob10 said:

Order matters in the export.lua (or at least has possibility to cause issues in some cases). Try this order with whichever programs you have:

Tacview

SimAppPro

SRS

IIRC the most important is to have SimAppPro before SRS.

Thanks for the suggestion, I removed all others from export.lua before and still didnt work, I am using MT version of DCS. I will git  it a try with your suggestion and will update.
Thanks 

hello

same here, vibration not working in DCS
i have check the directory for the saved games and it was wrong, so ww script folder not installed, so no sync with DCS.
works fine now

check your directory for the game and the saved games folder

Edited by zeufman

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2023 at 10:47 PM, zeufman said:

hello

same here, vibration not working in DCS
i have check the directory for the saved games and it was wrong, so ww script folder not installed, so no sync with DCS.
works fine now

check your directory for the game and the saved games folder

Hi @zeufman,

I just received my F-16EX throttle and cant get the vibration working. Is there any chance your can explain you fix a bit more please? I think I might be having a similar problem.

The instructions aren't all that clear how to set it up and would appreciate any help I can get.

Edited by Se1ko

39 minutes ago, Se1ko said:

Hi @zeufman,

I just received my F-16EX throttle and cant get the vibration working. Is there any chance your can explain you fix a bit more please? I think I might be having a similar problem.

The instructions aren't all that clear how to set it up and would appreciate any help I can get.  You will want to select the correct folders for your version of DCS World.  

I had to remove & reinstall SimApp three times to get the vibrations working.  I was playing with all the settings every time, so it's possible I only got the settings correct on the third try.

As Zeufman mentioned, launch SimApp, then hit the cogwheel in the upper right next to the logout button.  You want to make sure you have the correct version of DCS selected, with the correct folders set.  Can't tell you which to select, since it'll depend on your setup.  Here's mine, but I have DCS OpenBeta installed by itself on a separate drive:

Untitled.png

run come save me

46 minutes ago, Scofflaw said:

I had to remove & reinstall SimApp three times to get the vibrations working.  I was playing with all the settings every time, so it's possible I only got the settings correct on the third try.

As Zeufman mentioned, launch SimApp, then hit the cogwheel in the upper right next to the logout button.  You want to make sure you have the correct version of DCS selected, with the correct folders set.  Can't tell you which to select, since it'll depend on your setup.  Here's mine, but I have DCS OpenBeta installed by itself on a separate drive:

Untitled.png

Hi @Scofflaw, thank you, I think I have it set up correctly, my main issue is that I dont have the device recognised in the Dynamic Vibration Motor screen, is this related? (I have an Orion 2 base with an F-16EX throttle grip. I use a TM Cougar Control stick)

See below:

I was also curious to know if having selected the non-multithread DCS game Icon has an impact? (I run multithread but clicked the wrong button on setup, now I cant change that. When I un-install simapp pro and reinstall it returns with the same configuration). Is there a way to change your game and hardwear setup, like a file directory I can clear to have a fresh restart?

image.png

Edited by Se1ko

you cannot have vibration with a no WW stick.
the vibration motor is in the stick, so with a cougar, it couldn't work

it works same with non MT and MT

if someone look for vibration profile for most of module, check mine with "philippe hubert " label.
i think they are good ( for me )

Edited by zeufman

• Raviar changed the title to [FIXED] WinWing F-16EX Viberation Default not Working
Hi @Scofflaw, thank you, I think I have it set up correctly, my main issue is that I dont have the device recognised in the Dynamic Vibration Motor screen, is this related? (I have an Orion 2 base with an F-16EX throttle grip. I use a TM Cougar Control stick)
See below:
I was also curious to know if having selected the non-multithread DCS game Icon has an impact? (I run multithread but clicked the wrong button on setup, now I cant change that. When I un-install simapp pro and reinstall it returns with the same configuration). Is there a way to change your game and hardwear setup, like a file directory I can clear to have a fresh restart?
image.thumb.png.7bea400b26fe83f1a182fae871fadf18.png
The throttle has not any vibration.
The vibration is in the joystick base

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 3 months later...