Early Access info/warning missing

draconus

There's no info/warning about EA when buying DCS modules on Steam, ex. F-15E or F/A-18C. Same with DCS version requirement.

Many users end up with the module not working at all (because they were not on Open Beta), wondering how to download it or not very pleased with the module, because they didn't know that it's only EA - so they point out many bugs and unimplemented features to be missing.

This is poor customer service and it's asking for troubles and unintended bad PR.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• ED Team

Hi, 

during module launches on steam we add that open beta is required in the about info, this is removed once the module is in the stable branch, we also list all planned features and what is coming during early access in the about info.

We also spend years / months telling users about development progress and the build up to any public launch. With early access we will have early access trailers, then we have release trailers, and newsletter development reports, so there is plenty of information out there prior to launch to make informed choices.

On steam its difficult to use their system for DCS module development, which is why on steam the early access price is included and does not show a discount. If we did not do this steam users would not be able to access the early access phase, which is obviously not good as we want to continue bringing new modules to steam users during early access. 

So while you think it is poor customer service as you put it, I would say I dont agree but thank you for the feedback

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'm not really into criticism. It's just the info I gathered by reviewing the DCS Steam module pages and some user negative reviews and help requests comments. This post was a good will on my part. Good to know you have it already thought-out. Thanks.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• ED Team
Just now, draconus said:

I'm not really into criticism. It's just the info I gathered by reviewing the DCS Steam module pages and some user negative reviews and help requests comments. This post was a good will on my part. Good to know you have it already thought-out. Thanks.

No problem, we read the steam reviews and have passed on the feedback from them, I have also shared your concern with the team. 

thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2