HF8 haptic gaming pad dcs not working

Hello there, I just got my HF8 and as usually, I have issues with it. No wonder, every time I get something new, I have to spend a lot of time and energy.

When I saw, that HF8 added DCS World, I just ordered it. And now I have trouble. I tried everything, like:

- Started HF8, activated the settings (vibrations) for DCS and started DCS (Latest BETA) start the game, nothing happens

- Closed and deactivated HF8, first I started DCS, then I started free flight, then started HF8 again, nothing happens

- Rebooted PC, started HF8 as Admin, started DCS as Admin, Free Flight and nothing.

Does not matter what I do, it's not working.

Does anyone have the HF8 Pad? If yes, how did you accomplish to work with it? Does it even works?

What I did not try, is the latest Stable DCS Version.

Please guys, if somebody knows something, kindly help me. I searched in Google but nothing there to find, at least I was not able to find a solution. I found a Solution for MFS2020 how to start it: Open MFS2020, Start the Fly, and then you have to start the HF8 Pad, but this doesn't work with DCS.

Thank you in advanced

I recently got a HF8 and its own software worked for me straight away however I have found sim shaker for aviators to be a much better option. The only thing with that is to start dcs and be in cockpit then start sim shaker hope this helps and that you get the use you want from your HF8

Edited by Nighthawk 117
  • Like 1

Well, in my case, it's strange. When I start it with the F-18, it works immediately. When I start my F-14 then it takes some seconds, maybe 15 to 25 Seconds and then it works. I dont know why, but yes it works with the HF8 Software. Can you show me your profile? I did my own, but i want to make it better. 

• Thanks 1

By the way, the first time it worked, my back hurt. Those vibrations are extremely hard. After that I went in my bed, it was painful. Not even e real aircraft would vibrate like that, now i know how 9G feels like LOL. Since I adjusted it to minimal vibration, now it feels comfortable and "realistic". The F-14 have great visual vibrations, and now i can also feel the jet better, it was a good choice to get this pad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Dead thread resurrected. Im trying to return my HF8 to NLR and I cant get anyone of them to reply back to my emails. Anyone else having issues? Ive had exactly one reply from an email and that was prior to the christmas holiday.

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

So i received mine today, and it took some steps to get it to work properly.

At first i thought to install the simshaker software, but couldnt get it to work. While troubleshooting, i stumbled on this vid:

Now that still didnt solve the problem for me. However, then i did two things at the same time, so i don't know wich of these actually made it work in the end.

1) I installed a loopback network adapter (google how to do this, its easy)

2) I de-installed the simshaker software, and manually went to the scripts folder in my savedgames/dcs folder en removed the simshaker scripts, as well as the lines in the export.lua that refer to the simshaker script.

Also, i noticed that either the hf8 software, or the simshaker software, had made a backup copy of the export.lua and replaced it with their own. So i copied the single line that referred to the hf8 software, en put it in the backup export. Then removed the export.lua file and then renamed the backup file back to 'export.lua', thus restoring the original file, but now with the hf8 extra line. 

after these steps, it suddenly started to work

hope this help you out.