A-10C and C II possible error with DTSAS.

bigcomputerman
Go to solution Solved by Stuka,

When disabling DTSAS, I believe the DTSAS indicator on the hud is supposed to say NODTS/B1 as it has been shown in Afghanistan A-10C footage. Here's an example of what it looks like in the video:
image.png

And here's what it looks like in DCS:
Screen_230811_005022_2.png
image.png

And in another A-10C video in afghanistan shows the aircraft using DTS:
image.png
I'm not sure if I'm wrong and it's supposed to do that. But it'd be nice if anyone could elaborate on this.

This is because they are in an area for which the terain data was not loaded into DTS.

In DCS you can have the same if you are outside the loaded map are.

The center point of the digital map data is an average of all waypoints, it is computed once at mission start.  From the center point, in DCS, DTS covers 450km.

Screenshots from attached mission:

We load offmap (+450 km from the WP's centerpoint).

Offmap is flashing, and we have no elevation data.

image.png

Press UFC ENT, to acknowledge.  OFFMAP will be replaced by NODTS, and XXXX will be shown for elevation.

image.png

Pressing the UFC DATA rocker, the elevation field will start flashing.  With SEL datarocker, you can select (scroll) to the desired elevation, or you enter the elevation on the scratchpad. With UFC ENT, you confirm the selected elevation ( HOT elevation).

Later on, when you are within covered map area again, you can use the DATA rocker again, to switch bak to DTS elevation data.

nullimage.png

null

OFF MAP.miz

Edited by Stuka
  • Like 3

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

23 hours ago, Stuka said:

This is because they are in an area for which the terain data was not loaded into DTS.

In DCS you can have the same if you are outside the loaded map are.

The center point of the digital map data is an average of all waypoints, it is computed once at mission start.  From the center point, in DCS, DTS covers 450km.

Screenshots from attached mission:

We load offmap (+450 km from the WP's centerpoint).

Offmap is flashing, and we have no elevation data.

image.png

Press UFC ENT, to acknowledge.  OFFMAP will be replaced by NODTS, and XXXX will be shown for elevation.

image.png

Pressing the UFC DATA rocker, the elevation field will start flashing.  With SEL datarocker, you can select (scroll) to the desired elevation, or you enter the elevation on the scratchpad. With UFC ENT, you confirm the selected elevation.

Later on, when you are within covered map area again, you can use the DATA rocker again, to switch bak to DTS elevation data.

nullimage.png

null

OFF MAP.miz 8.94 kB · 0 downloads

Ah I see. So during that sortie in the real picture, the A-10 flight happened to go outside of the loaded map?

• Solution

Correct.

do note that entry of HOT elevation is mandatory if you don’t have DTS source, otherwise weapons delivery isn’t going to work.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro