New Downwash Dust Effects

ratherbegliding

Hi there,

As a chopper pilot really happy to see this teaser:

Has any more information been released eg when it will be included in the beta? 
Is it module specific? Is multi-threading required? Etc…

Thanks 🙏

RBG

• Thanks 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i5 / 16gb RAM / Nvidia GeForce 1080Ti / Viewsonic 28" monitor / TM Warthog / TM Elite rudder pedals / TrackIR5

First flight sim: Psion 'Flight Simulator' (ZX Spectrum 48k)

• 5 months later...

I know this is some older topic and we already got that phenomenal effects now 🙂

Is there anything being mentioned about if this also will apply to water ? Maybe with future updates ?

When in doubt - climb. Nobody ever collided with air.

I only heard they'd do similar effect for jet wash and explosion blasts (already shown in "2024 and Beyond" video).

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2024 at 1:43 PM, Jel said:

I know this is some older topic and we already got that phenomenal effects now 🙂

Is there anything being mentioned about if this also will apply to water ? Maybe with future updates ?

You do get some effect if you go down low enough close to the water. 

That said. I love the new effects, while they are waaaaaaaaaaay overdone. Never seen dust flying all over in grass fields. Even made a video about a year ago, if I can find it again. A helicopter started up an took off at a dry grassy field, were the "straws" wasn't even growing close to each other. No dust at all. Not even flying grass. Same with tanks. They won't throw up dust over grassland like they do. Nice for spotting though. 

Cheers! 

The effect is great but I wish it only happened when the the collective was raised and the rotor blades were actually providing lift and creating the downwash.  As it is currently, even when you land and lower the collective the dust still occurs and gives away your position in MP.

• Like 1