Comm bug

giullep
Go to solution Solved by MAXsenna,

In different mission (user mix) in different and random moment it happens that when i press the comms switch on keyboard or on hotas the comm menu dont appear.. i cant comunicate no more with atc, flight… 😳😳

Edited by giullep

Check your radios, and check if Easy Communications is enabled in Options > Gameplay.

I'm not a DCS guru, but I think this is the way it works:

• If Easy Comms is enabled, you should always be able to use "\" to call up the comms menu.
  • If Easy Comms is disabled (either by you, or by the forced settings in the mission itself), you have to make sure your radios are set to the correct frequencies, and then use "RALT+\" to call up the comms menu.

Edited by Floyd1212
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Floyd1212 said:

Check your radios, and check if Easy Communications is enabled in Options > Gameplay.

I'm not a DCS guru, but I think this is the way it works:

• If Easy Comms is enabled, you should always be able to use "\" to call up the comms menu.
  • If Easy Comms is disabled (either by you, or by the forced settings in the mission itself), you have to make sure your radios are set to the correct frequencies, and then use "RALT+\" to call up the comms menu.

This is correct. AND they did change something a while back. Can't speak for easy comms as I've never used it. But sometimes you can open the menu with backspace "\", but only on ground for ground comms. If you cannot get the radio menu to open in the air, then you're just using the incorrect PTTs. 

Cheers!