Rudder trim*???

Go to solution Solved by saburo_cz,

Hello community, 

need some help with understanding why my rudder trim doesn't work, i try keyboard binds, i binded to my x56 throttle stick, nothing, my rudder trim is set to can't remember what now, but its like, RH? or something, i can't change it, i mean i can use the keyboard to  move it but then it automatically resets back, ...same if i try my throttle axis bind.. basically making it impossible to fly accurately.

Is this a bug? if so, can i get a refund as it makes the plane unflyable?

• Solution

Could be set "auto rudder" or "take-off assistance" in special menu.

• Like 1

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

You can't get a refund if you bought the plane in ED store. Not sure about Steam and their two-hours-refund policy (?). It doesn't matter, however, because all trims and levers on throttle quadrant of DCS Thunderbolt work correctly as long as you DON'T use:

a) game flight mode;

b) auto-rudder and takeoff assist;

c) duplicated control assignments.

Make sure none of above applies to you and you will be fine.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

thank you for the help, it was the auto assist option that didnt allow me to take control of the rudder.

still struggling controlling it, but way easier as when before i couldn't even move it. 

can u imagine, trying to strafe ground target with your rudder trim offset..my god, i actually flew like this before this post answer of yours.

on a side note, it would be nice if tutorial flights mention this things yes? can we give a shout out to DCS to tell developers to take into consideration everything that goes in to controling the plane, that is also the UI and all assistance that can be hindrence when just following the "tutorials"?