Ground Steerpoint alway couple feet above the target (SOLVED WITH SATNAV OPTION)

Lord Akira
Go to solution Solved by Lord Akira,

Bonjour tout le monde !

Voici mon problème, lorsque je crée un waypoint au sol dans l'éditeur de mission il apparaît toujours un peu au dessus de la cible où je l'ai placé.

J'ai essayé dans la même configuration juste en remplaçant le F-16 par le F-18 et le waypoint est sur la cible au sol, cela montre que c'est un problème propre au F-16.

Quand je lâche un JDAM, malgré ce problème, il atteint la cible mais quand je lâche un JSOW, il impacte toujours derrière la cible (probablement parce qu'il explose l'endroit du waypoint plus haut que nécessaire et se déplace) à moins que je m'approche suffisamment pour créer un marquez le point directement sur la cible, ce qui annule l'avantage tactique du JSOW.

Explication du parcours :

Dans l'éditeur de mission je mets une cible sur une plage de la carte Normadie pour qu'elle soit au niveau 0 du sol, quand je passe au point de pilotage de la cible (2) en mode Air-Sol, le TGP pointe toujours au dessus la cible, j'ai orienté le TGP et fait un CZ avec le TMS AFT qui revient au dessus de la cible pour démontrer le problème.

Si je crée un point de repère directement sur la cible, au point de direction 26 et que je fais un CZ, le point de direction 26 sera également un peu au-dessus de la cible.

Je précise que j'ai désinstallé et réinstallé le F-16 avant de créer ce sujet donc le problème ne vient pas du mode MFD jaune ou d'autres modes

Est-ce un bug ? Est-ce que je fais une erreur ? Avez-vous également ce problème ?

j'espère avoir été clair

Merci pour vos réponses

Edited by Lord Akira

• Lord Akira changed the title to Ground Steerpoint alway couple feet above the target

Hello,

20 hours ago, Lord Akira said:

Is this a bug?

No.

20 hours ago, Lord Akira said:

Am I making a mistake?

Yes.

I cant find your track when I load up my game so I assume you did not update so do that first.

Stable Version: DCS 2.8.7.42718

Open Beta Public testing build: DCS Open Beta 2.8.8.43704

I assume you did not set STPT elevation in mission editor that is why the STPT is up in the air rather than on the target, check that first. Easy way to do it is jut to set elevation to 0 and mission editor will set correct elevation for you.

Hello, I don't get an update warning when I launch DCS and at the bottom right of the main screen I am on the open beta of 2.8.8.43704.

So I guess I'm on the latest version

Yes I know that when you set 0 elevation in the mission editor and click it will automatically set the waypoint to the lowest possible elevation.

Today I play the F-18 the same way and the designated waypoint is on the ground target with no problem.

Thank you for your reply

No idea why I can't find the track then:/

45 minutes ago, Lord Akira said:

Yes I know that when you set 0 elevation in the mission editor and click it will automatically set the waypoint to the lowest possible elevation.

Today I play the F-18 the same way and the designated waypoint is on the ground target with no problem.

Then it looks like you didn't do anything wrong.

Any mods? maybe they are the reason, also I would do repair and cleanup.

Edited by Furiz

Interesting thing that i just noticed, when I do the JDAM and JSOW training tutorial missions of the ED, the TGP points on the ground on the target

Maybe this is the editor mode specific problem I'm having.

Anyway, I'm going to play with the F-18 while waiting for a patch or solution

Thank you for your interest in my problem

Fly safe Furiz !

Edited by Lord Akira
  • Like 1

• Solution

OK PROBLEM SOLVED It came from SATNAV which was not activated in the options

I leave this topic for those who have the same problem in the future.

Edit : This problem persists on the Normandy map, perhaps because SATAV is not modeled on this map

Edited by Lord Akira
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Lord Akira changed the title to Ground Steerpoint alway couple feet above the target (SOLVED WITH SATNAV OPTION)
  • 1 month later...
On 9/4/2023 at 12:03 PM, Lord Akira said:

OK PROBLEM SOLVED It came from SATNAV which was not activated in the options

I leave this topic for those who have the same problem in the future.

Edit : This problem persists on the Normandy map, perhaps because SATAV is not modeled on this map

Genius, thank you!!! This was making me insane. Now I can slave to STP and auto-handoff my mavs (once I boresight them to something 6-8nm away)

• Like 2

i7 4790k @ 4.6GHz /// MSI z97 GAMING 3 /// 8GB@2133 /// SSD /// Nvidia GeForce GTX760Ti /// TM Warthog HOTAS Throttle+Stick /// Saitek ProFlight Rudder Pedals /// TrackIR 4 ///Win10 x64 Pro ///

DCS WISH--------------AH-64 APACHE-------------------