Configurable option like in F-15E - to make additional 1980s Cold War/Desert Storm Mirage 2000.

bies

When i fly Mirage 2000 i've noticed it's mostly used in Cold War/1980s/Desert Storm scenarios - but our Mirage 2000 represents late 1990s upgrade with NCTR, color ground level terrain avoidance mode and digital radio (which replaced original 1980s analog radio your module used before the update).

This is a bit unfortunate as it's a bit too late for late Cold War / 1980s or even Desert Storm scenarios. At the same time surely not proper to face 2000s F-16C, F/A-18C, F-15E etc. with JHMCS, AMRAAM, AIM-9X, Link 16. This would be Mirage 2000-5 era, which is out of reach.

Could you please enable an option (similar to your F-15E) to make 1980s Mirage 2000 variant, disabling this few 1990s elements? It would make it proper also in scenarios when it can show its full potential.

Cheers and thanks for your work!

desktop-1920x1080.jpg

• Like 3

The color DEC mode was absolutely not a late upgrade, it was even present in the RDM radar.

There are videos of peruvian M-2000P RDM DEC mode.

NCTR was indeed added late 90s or early 2000s and the green radio too.

I'm not sure the old radio model is still available. But we could disable NCTR based on year

Edited by Kercheiz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bies said:

Could you please enable an option (similar to your F-15E) to make 1980s Mirage 2000 variant, disabling this few 1990s elements? It would make it proper also in scenarios when it can show its full potential.

AFAIK Razbam's Mirage 2000C with M53-P2 engine, RDI radar and Matra Super 530D missiles entered service in 1987.

IMHO removing NVG filters, digital radio, etc. won't help to increase it's inclusion as most "cold war" servers model the early cold war for balance/fun and the M-2000C is simply superior to older aircraft like the F1, MiG-21, MiG-19, etc.

With the F1 and (planned) Kfir Mirage from other 3rd party devs, there's likely already enough cold war options, YMMV.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

15 minutes ago, Ramsay said:

AFAIK Razbam's Mirage 2000C with M53-P2 engine, RDI radar and Matra Super 530D missiles entered service in 1987.

Yes, but it include late 1990s additions like crucial NCTR IFF, digital radio (it had original analog radio before the update so it's aldeady done) and at least one radar mode to be proper 1980s/Desert Storm Mirage 2000.

14 minutes ago, Kercheiz said:

The color DEC mode was absolutely not a late upgrade, it was even present in the RDM radar.

There are videos of peruvian M-2000P RDM DEC mode.

NCTR was indeed added late 90s or early 2000s and the green radio too.

I'm not sure the old radio model is still available. But we could disable NCTR based on year

Yes, thanks for clarifying color DEC mode, do you know where it was implemented, more or less?

I hope this small but important changes would be easy to implement as an option like with F-15E.

Edited by bies

7 hours ago, bies said:

Yes, but it include late 1990s additions like crucial NCTR IFF, digital radio (it had original analog radio before the update so it's aldeady done) and at least one radar mode to be proper 1980s/Desert Storm Mirage 2000.

Yes, thanks for clarifying color DEC mode, do you know where it was implemented, more or less?

I hope this small but important changes would be easy to implement as an option like with F-15E.

Check this, it's a M-2000P RDM video featuring DEC. Notice the color scheme which is a bit different from the RDI.

It was a core feature of RDM and RDI radars from the start

Edited by Kercheiz

9 hours ago, Kercheiz said:

Check this, it's a M-2000P RDM video featuring DEC. Notice the color scheme which is a bit different from the RDI.

It was a core feature of RDM and RDI radars from the start

Thanks, this makes such configurable Cold War variant even easier.

Do you know about any other new systems our Mirage 2000 received 1990s except for NCTR IFF and digital radio?

The Eclair-M with proper SPIRALE integration. Before this additional decoys were loaded in a cheap DIY dispenser with an additional box in cockpit not integrated with the CM suite. The old box isn't anymore in the DCS model but it's still possible to restrict loadout to remove the Eclair-M in the mission editor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1