UH-1 Force Trim for spring joystick

Dangerzone
Go to solution Solved by Dangerzone,

I know this is going to be simple, but for the life of me I can't seem to get the trim to work in the UH-1. 

I've tried all 3 trim options (even though centre/spring should be the right one). Pressing CTRL+T, or assigning it to a joystick button, or even clicking the physical trim switch on the collective all seems to have no effect for me.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong where I'm unable to trim the UH-1 out please?

(I've checked, and have also tried force trim switch both ON and OFF. I know on is correct, but without being able to get it to work I thought I'd try both incase something was flipped around, but to no avail).

Cheers

DZ

DCS-UH1-Trim.trk

Edited by Dangerzone

2 hours ago, Tom Kazansky said:

If you don't have real rudder pedals and just use the twist axis of your stick it should be on. 

I have real rudder pedals.

My problem is that the trim doesn’t seem to work. So when I push my cycling forward and then press the trim button, I’m expecting to be able to return it back to Center and still have the helicopter fly forward.  CTRL T seems to be completely ineffective.

Or are you saying that the force trim in the Huey only relates to rudder, and not to the cyclic like it does in other aircraft?

• Dangerzone changed the title to UH-1 Force Trim for spring joystick
1 minute ago, Dangerzone said:

OK - I've just found the problem.

For some reason, under the Options->Misc tab, there's a checkbox called "Force feedback". This was checked. Unchecking it seems to have resolved the problem.

Glad you got it sorted and found the culprit. And thanks for the feedback. Must be really cool to fly the Huey with pedals. Have to check that out some day soon. 👍

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Tom Kazansky said:

Glad you got it sorted and found the culprit. And thanks for the feedback. Must be really cool to fly the Huey with pedals. Have to check that out some day soon. 👍

With pedals, HOTAS and in VR - it is absolutely brilliant!  I hope you manage to get good rudder pedals one day. I currently use the VKB T-Rudders and find precicion inputs a breeze with them, being able just to use my toes. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dangerzone said:

With pedals, HOTAS and in VR - it is absolutely brilliant!  I hope you manage to get good rudder pedals one day. I currently use the VKB T-Rudders and find precicion inputs a breeze with them, being able just to use my toes. 

Do the VKB T-Rudders have a damper? I have an eye on the Virpil rudders but they don't have it.

Edited by Tom Kazansky