Multiple repeated clicks on radio menu required to activate radio command (command does not activate on first click)

Kreutzberg

When using the radio menu in VR, I frequently need to go through the menu multiple times to get the command to "take." This occurs with both wingmen and ATC communications. When the issue happens, the first time through the menu, the click on the command causes the menu to disappear as if the command is taken, but nothing occurs. I do not hear my own character's voice or any responses. Subsequent attempts get normal menu functionality. Sometimes it can take several attempts.  

I am including a very brief track file with an example recorded from the beginning of a mission. In the track, the mouse cursor isn't visible, but the menu appears and I navigated through to the command. When clicked, the menu disappears. I then did exactly the same process but the command took, my character spoke, and my wingmen responded.

I think this issue only occurs in VR, but I am not absolutely certain. I'm using a Reverb G2, but I think it also occurred with my Pimax Crystal, which is currently being replaced because of a defect so I cannot confirm. I've been experiencing this for quite a while across two computers. Searches aren't showing anyone else with this particular issue. Is anyone else seeing this?

Thank you.

Radio clicks.trk

Hi. Does this issue happen if you use your keyboard function keys (F1, F2, F3...) instead of the mouse? (I know, you are playing in VR, but that is an important test to help finding the root cause)

• Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

On 9/15/2023 at 12:07 AM, Flappie said:

Hi. Does this issue happen if you use your keyboard function keys (F1, F2, F3...) instead of the mouse? (I know, you are playing in VR, but that is an important test to help finding the root cause)

I just tested it, and was able to get the same thing with the keys. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Im getting a similar issue, where randomly the radio menu just wont open at all, even after repeated presses, requiring me to quit the mission. i have the "\" button bound to my Razer mouse to use in VR, but once it stops working, even the direct keyboard command doesnt open it. I do believe its just VR too, although in fairness since i got VR ive barely played on flat screen, and the times i have, its worked, so cant 100% confirm. I obviously cant test the Function keys, as the menu doesnt open at all for me (when bugging out). Im on the quest 2, and i usually run MT.

Edited by CH4Pz

I've had the same issue on and off for a number of OBs now. All working at present BUT where you used to be able to close the radio menu again by selecting COM1 or COM2 binding again you no longer can, you have to click or press F12...a little annoying.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Are you on the ground or in the air?
You see, backslash "\" is for ground comms only, (in most modules). "RAlt + \" is the radio comms menu for most single PTT modules and needs to be pressed to get the radio menu to display in the air. Note that several modules with multiple PTTs have other keystrokes.
Can you double check what keystrokes you actually need in the Controls Settings?

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You see, backslash "\" is for ground comms only, (in most modules). "RAlt + \" is the radio comms menu for most single PTT modules and needs to be pressed to get the radio menu to display in the air. Note that several modules with multiple PTTs have other keystrokes.
Can you double check what keystrokes you actually need in the Controls Settings?

Cheers!

For me it's just the com1 and com2 bindings in each module. And air or ground doesn't apoesr to behave any differently.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

For me it's just the com1 and com2 bindings in each module.
And you have an issue where the menu doesn't pop up or go away for some reason? I know some modules have some options under the special settings, and if you've ever used VAICOM, it could be some conflicts with older versions and new modules.

Cheers!

And you have an issue where the menu doesn't pop up or go away for some reason? I know some modules have some options under the special settings, and if you've ever used VAICOM, it could be some conflicts with older versions and new modules.

Cheers!

Yeah, pops up fine buy can't close it by using the same com binding again. Never used VAICOM.

Yeah, pops up fine buy can't close it by using the same com binding again. Never used VAICOM.
I see. I don't really remember how it is when I don't use VAICOM. Is the issue cross module? Does it happen always? I'm asking because I think it sometimes depends on what module it is, and where in the "comms tree" one is. Like if you ask for startup clearance, it might stay until one aske for taxi clearance.

I see. I don't really remember how it is when I don't use VAICOM. Is the issue cross module? Does it happen always? I'm asking because I think it sometimes depends on what module it is, and where in the "comms tree" one is. Like if you ask for startup clearance, it might stay until one aske for taxi clearance.

No worries. Certainly present in the Harrier, I need to double check the Hornet.
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Cheers!

damn !! Why'd you have to go make me look silly like that?!! ... this may have been my issue, i guess im so conditioned to using alt & ctrl when i can see the keyboard, i didnt think of it !! ... Did i mention this is my first month in VR lol ?!

• Like 1

damn !! Why'd you have to go make me look silly like that?!! ... this may have been my issue, i guess im so conditioned to using alt & ctrl when i can see the keyboard, i didnt think of it !! ... Did i mention this is my first month in VR lol ?!
Haha! Apologies!
You in VR? Now she'll out 10 bucks for VoiceAttack, (Standalone or Steam), and get the free VAICOM plugin and say hasta la vista to the radio menu!
Glad you solved this!
Cheers!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...