TADS not being an option while in the CP/G seat

OfficerBull

Hello all. I wanted to see if anyone else has had the issues of TADS not being an option while in the CP/G seat. I've attempted to restart IHADSS and TADS with no luck. I've also had the issue of George not slaving targets when requested. It's random when he feels like it or not. When I hop in the front to do it myself, any buttons or switches I hit he un-does. Anyone else having these issues or have they already been addressed?

The TADS problem may be that you need to bind a HOCAS command to choose the Acquisition Source. It does not appeal as an option in the weapons Page.

In order to George find a target, and sort them out, you need to point your visor to the general direction of the target. George does not search and find on his own, you need to tell him more or less where the targets are. Labels, or dota, help a lot in that regard.

The last issue is bizarre. Never seen it. If you seat on the CP/G seat with George on, he automatically shuts off. You need to turn the AI on, so he'll drive the helo. But he has no control on search and engagement of targets from that point on.

Enviado de meu SM-A127M usando o Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is an amazing sim! 'Nuff said!:pilotfly:

YouTube: SloppyDog

I'll see if I can record him flipping the switches I hit. A TADS option is supposed to pop up under the ACQ page on B6. The problem with him not slaving is hit or miss. normally you hit the command for it and he will respond with "Slaving, De-slaved" with the issue, he won't say anything. All other commands work.  

Yes, a track file here would be most helpful to understand what is going on.

Based on your comments, there may be some confusion as to when the TADS will be an option as an ACQ Source.

The ACQ Source cannot be the same as your active Sight.  So, when you are in the CPG seat and have the TADS selected as the active Sight, you cannot also have it available as the ACQ Source, so it does not show up on ACQ subpage as an option.

In order for the CPG to slave to what the PLT is currently looking at out the window, the ACQ needs to be set to PHS for the pilot's helmet sight.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2023 at 4:12 AM, RodBorza said:

The TADS problem may be that you need to bind a HOCAS command to choose the Acquisition Source

There is no button to set the acquisition source. It can only be done with the MFDs.

On 9/23/2023 at 2:50 AM, OfficerBull said:

George not slaving targets when requested

On 9/23/2023 at 2:50 AM, OfficerBull said:

When I hop in the front to do it myself, any buttons or switches I hit he un-does

George is a mess. Use a human. He's so bad, I never fly the apache without someone in the other seat. But he mostly just undoes targeting stuff. Any other settings are mostly persistent, at least it was last time I checked.

• BIGNEWY changed the title to TADS not being an option while in the CP/G seat
  • ED Team

Hello @OfficerBull

Adding to what everyone as said, yes, George will do its thing even if you set up its station. Remember it's an AI and it will operate the systems with a certain pattern. 

As for it missing or not registering targets, it depends on a lot of circumstances. George is still "WIP" and will get refined as we continue to work on it.  

That being said, feel free to record a track of certain any circumstance you feel he's misbehaving and we'll have a look. 

Regarding TADS/IHADSS as acquisition source, I believe you were already oriented. 

dcsvader.png
Esquadra 701 - DCS Portugal - Discord