I know It's been mentioned before, but for it not to fall into oblivion it'd be great to have the system failures implementation working in MP!

• Like 1

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

I can’t see why this matters. If the failure rate for systems in DCS is realistic, the chance of this happening is so low it’s rather irrelevant. For the modern western aircraft I’m sure a pilot could fly thousands of hours without an engine or major system failure. Considering this is a combat environment the vast vast majority of failures will be due to that and not random. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

7 hours ago, razo+r said:

You might be able to acbieve this if you manually manipulate the random failures system in such a way that it only triggers the specific failures you want. 

Of course a dedicated option would be great but maybe this workaround can be used until ED finally implements it. 

No sir. When you make an aircraft CLIENT or PLAYER on a MP mission, you lose all those options.

Edited by Ala12Rv-Birdman

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Just now, Ala12Rv-Birdman said:

No sir. When you make an aircraft CLIENT or PLAYER on a MP mission, you loose all those options.

Which is why I said you have to manually edit the random failures. 

You can open the mission.lua (within the .miz file) and in there you have access to all the failures and settings.

5 hours ago, SharpeXB said:

I can’t see why this matters. If the failure rate for systems in DCS is realistic, the chance of this happening is so low it’s rather irrelevant. For the modern western aircraft I’m sure a pilot could fly thousands of hours without an engine or major system failure. Considering this is a combat environment the vast vast majority of failures will be due to that and not random. 

For instance to make MP missions simulating some specific emergency situations to practice how to deal with them.

Real pilots have simulator sessions to practice how to react on emergencies.

On DCS you can only implement something like this on SP missions, so far.

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

9 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Which is why I said you have to manually edit the random failures. 

You can open the mission.lua (within the .miz file) and in there you have access to all the failures and settings.

Ok, but I mean to get full control over all the system failures and not to have them random.

In SP missions you can control exactly when, where and how you want an specific failure to occur. It's great for practicing some emergency procedures.

On MP there's no way to implement something like that.

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

5 minutes ago, Ala12Rv-Birdman said:

For instance to make MP missions simulating some specific emergency situations to practice how to deal with them.

Real pilots have simulator sessions to practice how to react on emergencies.

On DCS you can only implement something like this on SP missions, so far.

Well that’s something different than the options setting in the sim right now which afaik just does random failures. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

10 minutes ago, Ala12Rv-Birdman said:

Ok, but I mean to get full control over all the system failures and not to have them random.

In SP missions you can control exactly when, where and how you want an specific failure to occur. It's great for practicing some emergency procedures.

On MP there's no way to implement something like that.

image.png

The way I proposed you can control what failure, what probability and at what time it should fail like you would in SP mission. You just need to do it manually. The picture above as an example.

Edited by razo+r

14 hours ago, razo+r said:

image.png

The way I proposed you can control what failure, what probability and at what time it should fail like you would in SP mission. You just need to do it manually. The picture above as an example.

Yes thanks. But that's not precise enough for the kind of missions I want to edit. Only having the time factor on a MP scenario is almost useless.

In SP you can control when to trigger certain failures when someone for example enters an area, or does an specific action, or even you can make them happen via COMMs menu when you thing it's the appropiate moment. That's what I'm wishing to have in MP.

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

1 hour ago, Mike_Romeo said:

That already exist but most servers turn that off cuz people dont like it.

Screenshot_191.png

Thanks, but I didn't mean to request random failures. I know they already exist on MP.

I was asking about triggering specific failures on an exact moment, just like you can do when creating a SP mission.

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot