Takeoff training mission semi-stuck on checking the gauges with 70%RPM

virgo47
Go to solution Solved by virgo47,

During this training mission, I was previously informed I could use Num+ keys OR the throttle axis to increase the throttle.

I hardly know where the keys for the throttle actually are - I'm always using the axis.

And then I get to the RWY centerline and I'm informed about the RPM 70% test. I check everything and lower the RPM and... nothing happens. If I press Num- at this moment, nothing happens either, I have to get the RPM a bit higher, then press Num- for the mission to progress.

The event should not be bound to using the keys only, especially after I had the freedom of choice previously (which was the right thing, of course).

• Like 1

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Flappie said:

Hi @virgo47. At first, I could not make it work, I'm not sure why. I tried again, still using my Warthog throttle, and it worked...

So it is flaky somehow?

I'll get back to this and provide the trackfile, it was pretty reproducible in my case, I could repeat the test a few times and nothing, but I'll double-check and get back to you.

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

• Solution

I'm totally puzzled now. I tried today and couldn't reproduce it either, although previously I definitely managed to repeat it a couple of times - otherwise, I would not be able to figure out the "workaround" and I'd not dare to report it. 😉 So I guess it's "cannot reproduce" for now. Sorry about it.

If you see something suspicious in the script, cool, but while I'm not 100% sure it's OK, I can't do more about it now.

Let's do it scientifically, then.

Here are the conditions to trigger the next action:

image.png

• The flag "12" gets activated by the previous step, which means it is out of the equation.
  • The X:Cockpit argument is the one checking the gauge.
  • And... last but not least, you need to be inside a zone.

Chances are we had the issue because we were out of the zone.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

This makes sense! The zone is quite small - if the graphic is precise - because it is quite likely I aligned just in front of the numbers 09!

I'm not sure if the zone can be enlarged without triggering lots of QA on your side, but I'd suggest to cover the wider area - e.g. anything fromt he start of the runway for the most "borderline" pilots. 🙂

What could have happened when it did not work with the axis and then worked with the +/- binds is that I moved a bit, just to get to the zone. If it checks the gauge (and not the binding) it is generally the right logic.

Thanks, Flappie, this all makes sense.

EDIT: Why can't I remove/change the "solution" mark? Or is it possible somehow?

Edited by virgo47
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...