Bullseye

bonesvf103

IRL, when someone makes a bullseye call when they see a bandit on their radar, do they say the bandit's bullseye position as seen on the radar, or do they say their own position from bullseye?

In DCS, when an AI friendly makes a bullseye call, are they saying the bandit's bullseye position or their own?

I ask because I think I've seen it both ways, and in Chuck's guides (such as in the F-14 one on page 492 or 639 in the F/A-18 guide) it appears that when someone makes a bullseye call, they are giving their own bullseye position, not the bandit's.

Thanks!

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

The point is giving the others the situation awareness about group or contact you are targetting.

So that should be contact's bullseye position, not your.

Using your own position is on the other hand giving SA to your flight member, mainly your leader that will manage the overall flow.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bonesvf103 said:

IRL, when someone makes a bullseye call when they see a bandit on their radar, do they say the bandit's bullseye position as seen on the radar, or do they say their own position from bullseye?

In DCS, when an AI friendly makes a bullseye call, are they saying the bandit's bullseye position or their own?

I ask because I think I've seen it both ways, and in Chuck's guides (such as in the F-14 one on page 492 or 639 in the F/A-18 guide) it appears that when someone makes a bullseye call, they are giving their own bullseye position, not the bandit's.

Thanks!

v6,

boNes

Well, what do you want to tell your buddies? Do you want to tell them where YOU are or where the BANDIT is.
If you want to tell them where YOU are, you tell them YOUR position from Bulls.
If you want to tell them where the BANDIT is, you tell them the bandits position from Bulls.

Why would you tell them your position if you want to tell them where the bandit is? :huh:

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

49 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

Well, what do you want to tell your buddies? Do you want to tell them where YOU are or where the BANDIT is.
If you want to tell them where YOU are, you tell them YOUR position from Bulls.
If you want to tell them where the BANDIT is, you tell them the bandits position from Bulls.

Why would you tell them your position if you want to tell them where the bandit is? :huh:

Well, I thought of that too, because it was in the guide.  The only thing I could think of is if you are letting AWACS now so that they know which group of friendlies out of the many out there were going go after that group of bandits.  Now of course by saying your callsign, they would know too, but like I said it was in the Chuck's Guide and it made me question it, so I wanted to ask here what they do in real life so that I have something to back up my suspicion.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

3 hours ago, bonesvf103 said:

but like I said it was in the Chuck's Guide

I don't know the context of how it is mentioned in Chuck's guide, but saying your own position from bulls is absolutely valid and happens IRL, if you want to tell your buddies where you are.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg