Mission 6 seems impossible, rescue helicopter runs away before I can take the first shot

Hello, what's the trick with mission 6 (Everyone comes home)? The rescue helicopter gets shot at and runs away (without performing the rescue) as soon as I arrive at the scene. Doesn't matter if I take out all of the Russian forces after that, the helicopter is gone and Colt is left at the LZ. Is this a bug?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I noticed the fix included in this last update, thx. The F-16 planes are at the scene now, but the rescue helicopter still arrives super early and then runs away without picking up Colt. Am I doing something wrong? What is the trigger for the rescue helicopter to approach?

• 3 months later...

Hi, very interesting campaign till now but I am stucked in mission 6. Analysing in Tacview I see that immediatly after the start of the mission an A-10 with callsign Major Took Key-1 flies to the LZ with both Chinook and Apache behind him. At the LZ The A-10 kills himself by flying directly into a mountain. 17 minutes later  both choppers arrive at the LZ, the Chinook lands but doesn't pick up the poor chrashed pilot. The Apache is already on it's way back and also kills himself by flying into a mountain. The Chinook takes off at  the moment that my flight cross the border. We crossed shortly after that but I didn't noticed the Chinook. I started to destroy all enemies and after one hour of priceshooting I took off to Senaki.

What went wrong?

nullThe picture is the moment that the Chinook returned while I arrived at the LZ.

image.png

Tacview-20240225-190250-DCS-Mission 6 A-10C II.zip.acmi

We fall We break We fail  but then... We rise We heal We overcome

Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 10 | i9-9900| 32G RAM | 1TSSD | RTX2080 Super | Hotas Warthog | MFD Cougars | BuddyFox UFC | RX Viper Rudder | Voice Attack | Viacom Pro | Annoyed Wife

Exactly the same thing happens to me

Asus Dark Hero X570, AMD 5800x Oc to 5ghz on 2 cores, RX6900XT Reference Oc to 2700mhz+MPT, All on Custom Water Loop, 3600 CL15 XMP, 2xCrucial P5P 1T M2, Hotas Warthog, Reverb G2,

Latest DCS Open Beta and VR only

A10CII and AH64D, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Caucasus 

Seems the developer doesn’t follow-up this post anymore☹️

We fall We break We fail  but then... We rise We heal We overcome

Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 10 | i9-9900| 32G RAM | 1TSSD | RTX2080 Super | Hotas Warthog | MFD Cougars | BuddyFox UFC | RX Viper Rudder | Voice Attack | Viacom Pro | Annoyed Wife

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I had the same issue and then, after reading this, I thought try it again (to get at least 51 points and some kills) and somehow, I said to myself: "Let´s follow the script!" And it worked!

It feels odd but see it in a way that you clean up the mess after they rescued the downed pilot.

That said, when you get the message that you are 10min out and you should do the call out (from inside the hanger!), DO IT! And everything works out.

They picked up the pilot and before you arrive at the border, the helos are on the way back home and you get the message to RTB.

I decided then to still engage the Russians and cleaned up everything.

Surprisingly when I finished them, an AH-64 appeared, and I thought to do some CAS for him, even though there was nothing left. Unfortunately, he crashed into a mountain on the way back home.

Landed and mission complete.

BR,

DK

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My apologies to everyone. I missed this thread and didn't see it until now. I have fixed this problem in v2.3 so it shouldn't be a problem now. For some reason I don't get all of the posts in this forum.