Mig-21 bis for LockOn

beczl

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Video ? Ho!!! i didn't see ;)

Ok here the problem as you can see in the 3D model, the front windshield and frame are not flat as in the real MiG's.

I really think that making the pit right with a good poly count can make the model a winner... The pilot can be simplified and keeping the right proportions, upper body, helmet, mask, head ( this is a problem in many 3D models ) but really making the canopy with a small higher poly count and flat should be great..

Also remember that the pilot inside the pit is seated quit high and forward position not like in the sofa in front the TV this is a problem with many many 3D pilots.. ( just a reminder ;) )

wip_mig-21_checker.jpg

MiG-21_RB6.jpg

RViPVO_SFRJ_MiG21bis.jpg

Edited by theGozr

Fly it like you stole it..

Yes Thanks for the link but actually the windshield still curved forward and flat and angular bottom front shield is a characteristic of the MiG of that era.

I flew a lot the MiG's 15 and 17 in RL so this jumped into my eyes ..

A detail of this sort can change the whole model to a greater fun.. When you fly for example in formation it is this can of detail that pilot appreciate........ a lot!

Thank you greatly for your work...

I wanted to add a note ..

i could help easly with the FM or AFM of this plane and what make me sad about this is that it will be probably replace a MiG29 or SU27 in game ( hopefully the MiG29A for example that way we can keep one MiG-29 functional.

what would be a great fun is that a second install that replace the SU-25TM and kabina with your MiG-21 just to have by far a better FM to fly around and some aerobatic purpose even if the Su25T's will feel heavy ( no weapon and fuel at 30% still heavy)

The scripted FM of all other planes just kill the purpose of just flight.

Adding wheels/train damages and tires to the MiG-21 "ala" Su25T would rejuvenate this sim for many....

• Like 1

theGozr, when mod is out, you can use migs model to replace any other one in the game. Anyway i think best solution is to use mig-29g FM and su-25 cockpit for this bird. Having privilege of been member of beta testers team for this project, im using this combination.

Of course if im not checking things that beczl likes us to test on FM he choosed for this mod.

• 2 weeks later...

I certainly hope this MiG-21 will end up in DCS series!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

man , what you did is awesome but you still don't have a convincing cockpit.from the exterior,in reality, it doesn't look like you modeled.i mean the front exterior side. if you want to, i can send you a 3d model of a cockpit,from my mig, to replace it.

now , i'd like this mig to be a modernised one.

i found on wikipedia that the mig-21 lancer or the mig-21 bison can carry r-73, r-27R, r-27T and r-77(even though i didn't hear it to be in RoAF's invent, they say the platform is compatible with the missile). i hope you will choose this ones to give the mig a chance in the combat...