ILS approach chart for Kutaisi airport

Neystratiou

Dear friends,

I have created an ILS approach chart for Kutaisi airport in Caucasus region.

Chart created from scratch of DCS World v2.8.7.42718 and is not an adaptation of a real chart in order to have inaccuracies.

It is under scale, that means it has extreme precision!

Pay special attention to the date that you fly your mission, in order to be valid the bearings of the chart (years 2016-2023).

E.g. If your mission has date 31 December 2015 (and for some years ago), then the Mag. Var. will be 6 deg. E and then the Loc course will be 068 deg. (instead of 067 of the chart) and the TACAN radial at IAF will be 247 (instead of 246 of the chart).

Procedure is based and as possible close can be to the real KTS VOR, ILS Z RWY 07.

A preview of it below:

Kutaisi-ILS-RWY07.jpg

Download link:  https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3333214/

I hope to enjoy it.

Feel free to post your questions and remarks.

Nikos.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Volator said:

Wow, that’s very nice, thank you for your efforts! Do you plan to create more approach charts for Caucasus?

Hello my friend.

Thank you for your kindly words!

Well I have some requests for an ILS approach chart for Kobuleti airport.

You have something in mind? Maybe a specific airport that should for sure has an approach chart?

Let me know...

P.S. Right now I have the free version of DCS World v2.8.7.42718, means the Caucasus and Marianas regions. IF needed an approach chart for an airport of a paid region, I can do this BUT it will be nice IF someone has a "spare"/second key that actually don't need and can pass it to me. DO NOT get me wrong! I'm not trying to get a key for a region for free. This stands ONLY IF someone (or maybe a virtual squadron) wants a quality chart and has available a key that he/they don't use.

Nikos.

Edited by Neystratiou
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Neystratiou said:

Well I have some requests for an ILS approach chart for Kobuleti airport.

You have something in mind? Maybe a specific airport that should for sure has an approach chart?

I’’ll check my printed charts that the great guys of the 476th FG (?} offer on their download page, there are already some airports that have approach charts and SIDs, no need to do duplicates.

Generally speaking it would be cool if at least all the dedicated military airfields had ILS and/or TACAN approach charts, so Senakhi, Vaziani, Kutaisi and Kobuleti.

A suggestion for the missed approach procedure, it should probably say “climb runway heading”, shouldn’t it?

37 minutes ago, Volator said:

I’’ll check my printed charts that the great guys of the 476th FG (?} offer on their download page, there are already some airports that have approach charts and SIDs, no need to do duplicates.

Generally speaking it would be cool if at least all the dedicated military airfields had ILS and/or TACAN approach charts, so Senakhi, Vaziani, Kutaisi and Kobuleti.

A suggestion for the missed approach procedure, it should probably say “climb runway heading”, shouldn’t it?

Well, about the "climb runway heading", I can tell you these:

Been a civil engineer and after study hundreds of real (mostly) military procedures of all kind as also been aware of the rules to create procedures, I know that each department of creating/drawing these procedures has its own style. Means that a lot of times there are no standard phrases.

So for specific section phrases like:

Climb RWY

Climb RWY track

Climb straight ahead

Climb on track XXX

are in use and they all mean to continue fly straight ahead with exactly the same heading as the RWY.

I have no problem to make it a little more clear with a "Climb on track 067 and...". Maybe with the next chart release to update this 😉

Nice to see that Kobuleti is into the desired airports for approach procedure.

Nikos.

• Thanks 4

35 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Just a FYI, you can download the georgian AIP and that includes SIDs, STARs and approach charts for their airports that are currently in use.

Of course they might not translate 1:1 into DCS, but maybe they will at least offer some inspiration?

https://ais.airnav.ge/en/aip-downloadable

Thank you for the link.

I have into my hands official latest charts for a lot of countries...

Keep in mind that matters, and actually a lot, some variation that you MAY think that it doesn't matter!

So 1 deg. in bearing, 0.5 NM in distance as also some "few" feet in altitude and you already start to have a serious problem! Think IF the chart isn't perfect/precise and you have to fight a strong crosswind...

I don't know how well you are aware of using Nav. procedures, BUT precision counts in Air Navigation!!!

That's why I'm creating from scratch...

Take care.

Nikos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Kutaisi chart, request Kobuleti. 👍

• Thanks 1

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

9 hours ago, Neystratiou said:

Back from work, checked the 476th FG pubs, there are approach charts for Batumi, Senakhi and Vaziani, so after Kutaisi it is indeed Kobuleti that would need a chart.

Vaziani has TACAN approach charts for both RWYs and an ILS chart for RWY 31. Senakhi only has an ILS chart for 09. TACAN approaches for both RWYs at Senakhi, Kobuleti and Kutaisi would be fantastic too ☺️😇

Edited by Volator
  • Like 1