How to make AI Helicopter land at airbase and collect ground troops and then take off again to fly to next waypoint?

DST
Go to solution Solved by SUNTSAG,

I try to make a mission in which I fly in formation with another AI helicopter (Mi8 or Mi24), and we both land on an airbase where we are each  boarding 6 soldiers, and then take off again to transport them to aircraft carrier. But the AI heli just lands and quits (shutting off engines) and refuses to continue although I gave command option to board ground crew and made sure the ground crew is within the range of the landed AI helicopter, and there are a few more waypoints to go after the landing. 

So is this possible to make with the current status of the mission editor or maybe only with "lua scripting" (never done this)?

I7 8700K 3.7 GHz 32GB RAM NVIDIA RTX 3080 Rift S

• Solution

@DST  Naval and ground troop helo ops are not currently compatible within DCS. Therefore for your specific mission requirement, you are going to have to have the AI emulate it as best they can. I have attached a simple example mission highlighting how I would do it, with the information you have provided. I hope it helps. Cheers

helomi8&24.miz

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay thank you, this is exactly what I was trying to do! The thing is, I made waypoint where the AI heli landed, and had waypoint command "take ground crew" AFTER landing, and then I wanted him to take off again, when the trick seems to be just not to make waypoint "land", only normal overfly waypoint with command "take ground crew". Cool thing that you can do this everywhere, not only on airports as it seems.

• Like 1

I7 8700K 3.7 GHz 32GB RAM NVIDIA RTX 3080 Rift S