Side cameras adjustability for triple screen

BishopKnight74

Obviously DCS World uses three virtual cameras for three screen setup for triple screen. Why are there not features allowing the user to adjust the cameras relative to the center camera? The user being able to adjust these with six degrees of freedom would help with side screens that aren't exactly 40 degrees from center.

What if a user has a cube type setup with the side monitors at 90 degrees from center? I have three 55" screens so I could do a cube setup easily and be comfortable.

It seems odd that after all these years, a PC flight sim game still doesn't have proper triple screen support. The game clearly knows the position and orientation of each virtual camera so why not unlock the control of those to the user?

So my request is proper triple screen support.  

• Like 1

Obviously DCS World uses three virtual cameras for three screen setup for triple screen. Why are there not features allowing the user to adjust the cameras relative to the center camera? The user being able to adjust these with six degrees of freedom would help with side screens that aren't exactly 40 degrees from center.

What if a user has a cube type setup with the side monitors at 90 degrees from center? I have three 55" screens so I could do a cube setup easily and be comfortable.
It seems odd that after all these years, a PC flight sim game still doesn't have proper triple screen support. The game clearly knows the position and orientation of each virtual camera so why not unlock the control of those to the user?
So my request is proper triple screen support.  
There are ways to adjust the angle and the bezel sizes manually, but I have not tried it myself.
Would be very nice to able to do it through the GUI.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

I purchased Immersive LCD Pro and created a profile for my screen setup and distance from screens. I'll see how that goes when I finish downloading my modules. I kept getting the black screen when launching and tried everything to fix it. In the end, I think deleting anything with "DCS" in the filename from my Appdata folder fixed it. I copied the screen profile .ULA that LCD Pro created over to DCS and it loaded fine. Immersive LCD Pro supports up to six screens with the Pro license. Hopefully this fixes the lack of in game or utility setup for multi-screen setup in DCS World. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Were you able to solve the kink in the horizon between monitors when looking up or down? 

It makes sense that it happens if the side screens are what a camera sticking straight out of each ear would see... If you look down the (left) side camera rotates clockwise and the horizon (and the rest of the image) appears to be sloped upward toward the center screen image.  It seems like they could solve this by eliminating the rotation effect in the head tracked image for just the side monitors, but I see the problem in non-DCS games as well so I'm guessing Nvidia, game developers and TrackIR each think it's the other's problem to solve.

• Like 1