NOT another bugs and issues post.

SPAS79

Hey I just wanted to share my thoughts on the newly dropped OB 2.9 and DCS in general.

The last year has been a big, big one for DCS. We got Multithreading, DLSS and voice comms is getting up there to SRS level (not quite yet, but it will, making the whole game more and more enjoyable). 

I got into DCS as I was starting my pilot training about 10 years ago, because I was searching for a decent helicopter simulation and the options were kind of limited at the time. I bought the Huey in early access and from there on the whole thing has crept on me like those additional tasks at work, only I enjoy this one. 

Of course DCS has problems, issues, annoying bugs, stuff that could be done better. AND it costs an arm and a leg. Not just the software itself (which is free, the modules are kind of expensive - the huey was 49.99 in 2013 when I first got it in beta) but in terms of the rabbit hole it made me go down with peripherals, I must have consumed about 10k on sticks, throttles, collectives alone, not counting the PC hardware and recently the VR related stuff. AND the time sinkhole this whole hobby tends to be. 

But it makes me happy. This thing makes me want to play since 10 years and it is something no other game has been able to do, to date (and I am fast approaching 50y.o.). The other game with a high enough hours count to be comparable is Elite Dangerous, which I played from 2016 until about 2019 and where I have a measly 1800hrs played... DCS hasn't got a reliable way of counting the hours I have spent in the virtual cockpits, but I would venture to say I have might have accrued some 8-10K hours to date. 

It's just that good, to me. 

So here's my thanks to ED for making, keeping up in supporting and developing such a piece of software. 

Edited by SPAS79
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, SPAS79 said:

Hey I just wanted to share my thoughts on the newly dropped OB 2.9 and DCS in general.

The last year has been a big, big one for DCS. We got Multithreading, DLSS and voice comms is getting up there to SRS level (not quite yet, but it will, making the whole game more and more enjoyable). 

I got into DCS as I was starting my pilot training about 10 years ago, because I was searching for a decent helicopter simulation and the options were kind of limited at the time. I bought the Huey in early access and from there on the whole thing has crept on me like those additional tasks at work, only I enjoy this one. 

Of course DCS has problems, issues, annoying bugs, stuff that could be done better. AND it costs an arm and a leg. Not just the software itself (which is free, the modules are kind of expensive - the huey was 49.99 in 2013 when I first got it in beta) but in terms of the rabbit hole it made me go down with peripherals, I must have consumed about 10k on sticks, throttles, collectives alone, not counting the PC hardware and recently the VR related stuff. AND the time sinkhole this whole hobby tends to be. 

But it makes me happy. This thing makes me want to play since 10 years and it is something no other game has been able to do, to date (and I am fast approaching 50y.o.). The other game with a high enough hours count to be comparable is Elite Dangerous, which I played from 2016 until about 2019 and where I have a measly 1800hrs played... DCS hasn't got a reliable way of counting the hours I have spent in the virtual cockpits, but I would venture to say I have might have accrued some 8-10K hours to date. 

It's just that good, to me. 

So here's my thanks to ED for making, keeping up in supporting and developing such a piece of software. 

i have three essential hobbies which all cost a lot of money. DCS, coin collecting, and golf. they make me happy. the only one i frequently fail at is golf.

I have been with DCS for about 12 years now. i cannot even guess how much i have put into it. does not matter to me. 

i just want to reiterate the thank you. now please improve my golf game 😛

Golfing Kid GIF - Golfing Kid - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain