How to disable new “spotting dots” and revert to previous logic user can put “DotRendererExperiment = False” in autoexec.cfg file located in \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\

CrazyGman

2 hours ago, SharpeXB said:

There’s a toggle setting in the Gameplay menu now for the Spotting Dots. Off reverts the setting back to the 2.8 method. 

hey sharpeXB. do you know what users like me have to do to their labels (lua) file to use the new spotting dots? my file is heavily modified. TIA

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

34 minutes ago, silverdevil said:

hey sharpeXB. do you know what users like me have to do to their labels (lua) file to use the new spotting dots? my file is heavily modified. TIA

As far as I know the spotting dots are a completely different setting ie you could see the dots with your labels turned off. Or vice versa. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, SharpeXB said:

As far as I know the spotting dots are a completely different setting ie you could see the dots with your labels turned off. Or vice versa. 

thanks for the reply. i believe you are correct. i reverted my saved games label file to default and the spotting dots were visible. i believe my dots settings were covering them all along (well since they were introduced).

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain