Massive freezing

I will be flying along all good, the game locks up. I alt+tab to another app and right back in and the plane is flying again. I do this several times then the computer locks up completely, no keys work, must hard reset. I’ve deleted shader and fxo folders, nothing fixes it.

In the video the hesitation is where I hit Alt+Tab (which didn't show in the video) and tabbed across open windows and straight back to DCS. As soon as another tab was highlighted DCS resumed, so I cycled back to it and continued flying. I can do this several times. Last night however after several times of this my computer completely locked up and had to hold the power button to recover.

dcs.log

mobettameta's Dogfight Arena v1.76.1-20231021-155242.trk

Edited by Freediver72
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 10:10 AM, Freediver72 said:

I will be flying along all good, the game locks up. I alt+tab to another app and right back in and the plane is flying again. I do this several times then the computer locks up completely, no keys work, must hard reset. I’ve deleted shader and fxo folders, nothing fixes it.

Same here

• ED Team
On 10/22/2023 at 12:41 AM, Freediver72 said:

In the video the hesitation is where I hit Alt+Tab (which didn't show in the video) and tabbed across open windows and straight back to DCS. As soon as another tab was highlighted DCS resumed, so I cycled back to it and continued flying. I can do this several times. Last night however after several times of this my computer completely locked up and had to hold the power button to recover.

dcs.log 304.82 kB · 6 downloads

mobettameta's Dogfight Arena v1.76.1-20231021-155242.trk 19.61 MB · 4 downloads

Hi 

just some suggestions to try. 

Try disabling Windows core parking if it is not already. Video

Also turn one drive off while you are playing DCS and see if you notice a difference. 

If it was me, as you have plenty of RAM I would leave the pagefile on auto. 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Please do not link to this video as it does not state that you have to apply it to your currently active power plan. Finding the first key does not guarantee it is your active power plan so you might not actually have disabled parking.

See 

• Thanks 1

• ED Team
42 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

Please do not link to this video as it does not state that you have to apply it to your currently active power plan. Finding the first key does not guarantee it is your active power plan so you might not actually have disabled parking.

See 

thank you for the heads up. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 10/26/2023 at 4:08 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi 

just some suggestions to try. 

Also turn one drive off while you are playing DCS and see if you notice a difference. 

If it was me, as you have plenty of RAM I would leave the pagefile on auto. 

The paging file, I did return it to Auto. Fellow DCSers gave me a lot of Try This advice. It has been more stabe since rolling back the driver. I have turned off OneDrive and I will keep the Core Parking tip in my back pocket incase I continue to have issues.

Thanks

• Like 1

So, I have been doing ok. I tried to install the new Nvidia drivers released 3 days ago and the issue returned. I have now put the drivers back to an older version, I think 3 releases ago. --So far this has again resolved the issue

Edited by Freediver72