2.9 Stuttering With New PC

C2C

First - I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong area.

Just had my PC built (i7 13700 with RTX 4080 and 64GB RAM.  Installed OB and have constant stuttering regardless of setting (i.e. Low, High, etc).

Have seen several posts but unsure of what the fix is.  I run nothing else on my PC (built it for DCS).

Would appreciate any and all advice.

Thanks - Dave

you need to start with the basics and post the screen for your Nvidia control panel settings and in game settings for graphics I'm sure there's a lot of people that will be able to help you

TM Warthog MFG TIR5 GT Omega Pro/ButKickerx1/WheelStandPro Playseat/ButKickerx2

I had a consistent “stutter” in VR where about every minute I would get the dreaded Oculus spinning hourglass for about 5-7 seconds. When I would play track IR it would be a brief “freeze” (about half a second) every minute.

turned out it was the Virus protection “active scan”. Turned it off and that fixed it. So maybe take a look at Virus scan or other programs.

im assuming you have an SSD since you just built it so I can’t imagine it’s a “loading from the HD” stutter I used to get 

I was about to post I'm having a similar issue. I've tried many combinations of settings from internet searches and nothing can get rid of the stuttering/pauses in video. My issue began just prior to 2.9 and is still present. If you click on your F10 map and drag it around, do you still get the stuttering? Do you get jittery aircraft motion or trailing ghost artifacts when you view aircraft in F2 and/or F3 view? In F2 view, aircraft are jittery. And attached is the ghosting I get in F3 as aircraft fly by. A couple months ago I had silky smooth gameplay on the highest settings, and now it's unplayable. 

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) | Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080TI | 64GB DDR4 3200

Screen_231023_022917.jpg

Edited by GibsonPlayer
Added Screenshot

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) | Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080TI | 64GB DDR4 3200

Is this VR or 2d? If in VR are you using OpenXR Toolkit?  If so make sure Turbo mode is disabled/off. Once I finally got MT working last night I felt like I was flying in a slide show until I disabled Turbo mode, then the game performed as expected and I am very happy again.

If in 2d check to see if cores are "parked" or limited and "unpark" them either through the registry or apps. The process is different for Windows 10 and Windows 11 so make sure you do it the right way.: https://thecomputernoob.com/2018/01/03/unparking-cpu-cores/