2.9 broke steamVR wmr controller recognition!

Since 2.9, my wmr controllers are not recognized as wmr controllers in steam anymore, instead it's recognized as "vive controller"!

The problem of being recognized as vive controller, is that no joystick is available in control setting page! as vive controller has no joysticks:

guid-2d5454b7-1225-449c-b5e5-50a5ea4184d

This is WMR controller, as you can see it has joysticks:

Input_mapping.png

Please fix the recognition problem. I use joysticks to control play roll and pitch!

Were your controllers connected to your PC and active when you started DCS to obtain this log? I don't even see them as Vive controllers, below.

2023-10-28 23:00:40.120 INFO    VISUALIZER (Main): SceneManager initialization
2023-10-28 23:00:41.300 INFO    VISUALIZER (Main): cascade shadows init (preset:'default' quality:3 layers:4 size:2048)
2023-10-28 23:00:41.429 INFO    INPUT (Main): created [Keyboard]
2023-10-28 23:00:41.471 INFO    INPUT (Main): created [Mouse]
2023-10-28 23:00:41.472 INFO    INPUT (Main): created [TrackIR]
2023-10-28 23:00:41.473 INFO    ED_SOUND (Main): Opening default audio device.

Please connect them and generate a dxdiag.log (and a new dcs.log if they weren't connected previously).

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

OK, but I still need your dxdiag log, please. DCS uses DirectX to detect devices, and I need to see what DirectX sees. This guide will help you make one: https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Obtaining-a-DXDIAG-log-for-diagnostics-and-troubleshooting-issues-with-graphic-cards.html

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

And here is the screenshot of the problem. The red circled should be "wmr controller",  this  is steamVR modewGgpRPy.jpg

If I launch VR in openXR mode, then the circled will show WMR controller correctly, but menu button on the controller is not recognized.

So yeah ED needs to either fix openXR wmr menu button recognition, or make steamVR correctly recognized my WMR controllers are not god damn vive controllers.

Otherwise I can't even play the game..

Edited by cpeng03d