question about DLSS vs DLDSR

silverdevil

this not a bug but a question. i have good performance. no stuttering, jittering, fps issues, etc. i have been using global nVidia setting in NCP DLDSR (dynamic super resolution) of 2.25 and 50% smoothness. i do not use or have tried DLSS so far.

i read an article that discusses the differences and mention that both DLDSR and DLSS can be run at same time.

https://www.windowscentral.com/nvidia-dlss-dsr-dldsr

what are any thoughts people have about this? i have a 3090 card.

Edited by silverdevil

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• silverdevil changed the title to question about DLSS vs DLDSR

Most of the time (DL)DSR and DLSS are used simultaneously to compensate for the lack of a DLAA option, which not many games support natively.

Often times this is done since DLAA is a much better AA solution comapred to TAA for example. Since DCS already supports DLAA out of the box, there's not too much use for that method.

For example, 1440p + 2.25 (DL)DSR + DLSS Quality = 1440p, which is identical to 1440p + DLAA resolution and AA wise. But the latter one most likely provides better performance.

• 2 weeks later...

I use DLDSR on my 1440p monitor to run games at 4K and then if I need to gain back fps I will slap DLSS on top of it. That lets me keep my 240hz refresh rate and fully utilize my gpu. It works well and looks super detailed. Only downside is blur in certain games but it’s not that noticeable and can be patched with better DLSS implementations 

13900KS - RTX 4090 - 32GB DDR5 7000 - MSI Z790 Meg ACE - 990 Pro NVME