[CHK] JF-17 radar gunsight inaccurate again

some1

The gunsight again does not point to the correct place in the sky, this time the bullets fly in front of the target (too much lead). Tested all 3 gunsight options, they all seem the same. DCS 2.9

Target is flying a constant 3g turn, no evasive manoeuvres. 

image.jpeg

GunsJF2.trk

Edited by uboats
  • Like 2

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2023 at 8:27 AM, Tango3B said:

And while we are here…any chance for a tracerless 23mm ammo option?

Try to stay on topic. Also, I've seen there is 23mm AP ammo available yet we don't get that even though the gun is tilted down specifically to target ground targets.

22 hours ago, Napillo said:

Try to stay on topic. Also, I've seen there is 23mm AP ammo available yet we don't get that even though the gun is tilted down specifically to target ground targets.

Yup. I saw that, too. That´s why I am asking. Anyhow, the main topic remains fixing the gun lead computation. We definitely need a fix here. @uboats Any update on this one? And before anyone comes up with "bro you need about a second for the sight to compute the correct lead"...I know. I really know. It does not. So we need a deeper look into the current mechanics. Thank you.

I don't know where the "the gun is tilted down specifically to target ground targets" myth came from. But people keep repeating and repeating... The gun has the angle that it has because it is located under the fuselage, so it can't be tilted up, like in western fighters to gain more lead. It is the same arrangement of the mig-21 and nobody is repeating that mig-21 "the gun is tilted down specifically to target ground targets". Or the F-4, again mounted under the fuselage, and tilted is tilted down quite a couple of degrees.

• Like 1

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • uboats changed the title to [CHK] JF-17 radar gunsight inaccurate again

Haven’t been following this thread for some time. Guys, the topic of this thread is a potentially wrong lead angle computation in all available A/A modes. Therefore it is completely irrelevant if anyone uses the gun to strafe ground targets with the 23-2 or if anyone feels the gun is mounted at a slightly awkward position. This is not the topic! Fortunately this thread is already marked „CHK“, so we should soon get an answer from DEKA. Thank you.